Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Orange Crush

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m
    From D that started SB 48, subtract Champ & DRC, but add Ward, Ware, Talib, & Miller, Harris, Vickerson, Moore & Wolfe if all recover...wow.

Great point! If we can get Smith at MLB and draft a few more pieces the Crush is back, y'all. We may lose Phillips and Ayers but I still believe Malik is going to step up big as well.

Kicking the NFL right in the mouth

Comment

http://t.co/UznpkObFPI

Comment

Give Seatle the Legion of Boom... We'll take the Road Warriors.

Also TJ wards nickname... The Warden

Ware.... Demarcus BeWare (im just throwin **** at the wall)

Aqib Talib... not sure yet, something semi racist though, of course.

Comment

Hard to fathom we signed three pro bowl types right off the bat. Is this unprecedented in league history? Also amazing how much room we had for being defending conference champs.

Comment

Originally posted by iforgotmypassword View Post
            Aqib Talib... not sure yet, something semi racist though, of course.

Comment

Currently signed as of now and we will surely have defensive draft picks and more FA signings (lower level of course except for Daryl Smith damnit):

DE: Ware, Wolfe, Jackson (!), Q. Smith, Hall Davis
              DT: Knighton, Sly, Vick, Unrein, Fua

WLB: Trevathan, B. Marshall
              MLB: Irving, S. Johnson
              SLB: Von, McCray (!)

CB: Talib, Harris, Carter (gag), Webster
              FS: Moore, Bruton
              SS: Ward, Nacho, Q. Carter, Bolden (gag)

Again, sign Daryl Smith and fill in DB holes with maybe another pass rusher in the draft and this will be the best defense since the Orange Crush days of my youth (if not better!)

Comment

Originally posted by stoxman View Post
                Currently signed as of now and we will surely have defensive draft picks and more FA signings (lower level of course except for Daryl Smith damnit):

DE: Ware, Wolfe, Jackson (!), Q. Smith, Hall Davis
                DT: Knighton, Sly, Vick, Unrein, Fua

WLB: Trevathan, B. Marshall
                MLB: Irving, S. Johnson
                SLB: Von, McCray (!)

CB: Talib, Harris, Carter (gag), Webster
                FS: Moore, Bruton
                SS: Ward, Nacho, Q. Carter, Bolden (gag)

Again, sign Daryl Smith and fill in DB holes with maybe another pass rusher in the draft and this will be the best defense since the Orange Crush days of my youth (if not better!)
                Boy, that is beautiful. Only visible hole is MLB. Add in one more CB (either Veteran FA or draft), sign Smith, and all visible holes are filled.

I would like to see Q. Carter come back strong and compete at FS with Moore. Both are in contract years. Competition with two guys in contract years at one of the weaker positions in our defense is a good situation for us.

Comment

I don't see us getting any more pass rushers.

We have McCray and Smith in development.

All we need now is...

A CB, MLB and WR.

I see us going WR in the draft.

I wish we had 15 mill more because adding DRC + D. Smith would have filled us out completely.

Comment

I agree with the development but Elway loves him some pass rushers. I think it's a lock that we will target all 3 needs you mentioned (CB, MLB and WR) as well as a DL in the draft.

Comment

Much improved? Yes, most definitely.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, though.

We still have 2 DL spots, FS, MLB, and nickel and dime CB positions to solidify.

I say we keep this up in the draft, early and often with the D. Peyton can handle the offense even without Moreno and Decker.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                        I don't see us getting any more pass rushers.

We have McCray and Smith in development.

All we need now is...

A CB, MLB and WR.

I see us going WR in the draft.

I wish we had 15 mill more because adding DRC + D. Smith would have filled us out completely.
                        Completely? Are you that confident in guys like Wolfe, Jackson, Unrein, Fua, etc.. ?

How about Moore?

Comment

Originally posted by SportinOne View Post
                          Much improved? Yes, most definitely.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, though.

We still have 2 DL spots, FS, MLB, and nickel and dime CB positions to solidify.

I say we keep this up in the draft, early and often with the D. Peyton can handle the offense even without Moreno and Decker.
                          Our DL is as solid as it gets. Not sure what you are getting at with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by SportinOne View Post
                            Completely? Are you that confident in guys like Wolfe, Jackson, Unrein, Fua, etc.. ?
                            Assuming Wolfe recovers from whatever was ailing him, he and Jackson are very good power DEs. The other guys are all backups. Not sure what you are expecting there. Knighton, Vick, and Sly as our core DT rotation is beastly.

Comment

Agamemnon. I can remember not too long ago how so many of us were bitching about our DT's and how we never addressed the position. Now we have 3 very solid DT's with 2 more versatile DE's that can step in (Wolfe and Jackson) and a better than decent #4 in Unrein. Jackson, yes...I love the kid, was graded very highly most every game with PFF and continues to show improvement. I think he takes the next step as we will ask that of him if/when Ayers and/or Phillips leaves. Q. Smith will need to step up as well and I do think we will draft a pass rusher (it is what Elway says he covets...pressure on his former position).

Comment

Working...
                              X