No announcement yet.

What do Patriots do now without Talib?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do Patriots do now without Talib?

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...medium=twitter

Talib's presence will be missed -- on and off the field. The Patriots took a risk in trading a fourth-round draft choice for Talib in November 2012, but Talib was, by almost all accounts, a model citizen on and off the field in his 1.5 seasons in New England. Players and coaches noted how he brought a presence to the meeting room, and on the field, his ability to match up with opponents' top pass-catchers was something coaches built game plans around. It goes without saying, this is a big hit to the Patriots' defense.

Denver's window vs. Patriots' long-range approach. There is a significant philosophical difference in the way the Broncos and Patriots build their teams, and this move epitomizes it. The Broncos were one of the NFL's most aggressive teams, in terms of free-agent spending, on Day 1 of the 2014 league year. And they might not be done, with former Cowboys pass-rushing stud DeMarcus Ware reportedly set for a visit. Last year, they also poached receiver Wes Welker from the Patriots. They are all-in. Those moves run in contrast with the Patriots' slow-but-steady approach.

Also interesting part of his interview a while back..

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ney-aqib-talib

Summing up his four-plus years with the Buccaneers: "I loved my team there, man. It was a real close group of guys and I had three years under Coach Raheem Morris and he's still one of my best friends to this day. It was a great experience when I was there, a great facility, and great weather. I bought my first house out there. I wouldn't change anything."

Getting traded to the Patriots in November of 2012: "I was surprised at first, because me and [Coach Greg] Schiano, I used to meet with him all the time. I was one of the leaders on the team. I thought we were on good terms. He kind of told me what the situation was, about the owners, whatever the situation was. I got traded and where else better to get traded than here? I was excited, man. It was like, 'Damn, I got traded?' But then my brother was like, 'You're going to the Patriots. You're going to the playoffs every year.' It was a lot of excitement -- I didn't want to get traded to anywhere but here."

I love the leadership aspect.

If the Broncos can lock up DeMarcus Ware, there's another player who has been a leader - a captain even- on his former team.

Comment

Talib is a very good all-around corner. His only issue is his durability.

Comment

Comment

If belicheat and his underling really wanted to piss us off (and make me vomit violently until I die) they would sign Champ.

Just had to spew that ugly thought. No, the Pats will pursue Revis or DRC.

Comment

Probably Revis

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
              If belicheat and his underling really wanted to piss us off (and make me vomit violently until I die) they would sign Champ.

Just had to spew that ugly thought. No, the Pats will pursue Revis or DRC.
              DRC and Revis both too much money for the cheap Pats. If they sign either of those players I would be surprised.

Comment

What was the last high priced FA pats gave big money to?

Comment

Working...
                X