Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beason and Smith on Broncos Radar

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...broncos-radar/

Jon Beason and Daryl Smith are the two names the Broncos are considering in the middle, according to the Denver Post.

Beason shook off injuries that limited him to five games over two years in 2011 and 2012, earning a starting job with the Panthers and then starting 11 games for the Giants after he was traded early in the season. Although his experience and injury history might make it feel like he’s an old veteran at the end of his career, he’s only 29 and looked last season like he still has some good football left in him.

Smith was a second-round draft pick of the Jaguars in 2004 and played there until last year, when he signed a one-year contract with the Ravens. He started all 16 games and had three interceptions and five sacks.

Either Beason or Smith could provide an upgrade to the Broncos’ defense. Which has already been upgraded twice in the first 17 hours of free agency.

I would love smith i wanted him since FA began....and to get him on the cheap would be even better!!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114830

Med called it first! lulz

Comment

we actually posted at the same time lol but either way i hope we get smith

Comment

I want Beason, badly.

Comment

I actually posted it a while ago in the FA sticky thread. Boom!

I would love to see Smith in Denver, as long as the price is right. He had some really good production last year.

Comment

My God if we get Smith on top of what we have done already...just awesome.

Comment

Well played Broncos.

I wasn't planning to get all excited for next season for awhile. Not until Training Camp at the least.

But now you've sucked me in.

Well played Broncos, well played.

Comment

No one is going to mention that Smith played for JDR for almost his whole career?

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                  No one is going to mention that Smith played for JDR for almost his whole career?
                  Beason played for Fox too......

Comment

It has been mentioned several times already in prior threads

Comment

Forgot about that. He's also the Jags leading tackler of all time. I realize it's the jags but the guy has quietly had a stellar career.

Comment

Originally posted by Mediator12 View Post
                        Beason played for Fox too......

Comment

I'd rather have Beason over Smith. He finally showed signs of being durable again last season.

At his best, Beason is considered one of the best at his position.

Smith is a good and reliable player, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by kdissette View Post
                            we actually posted at the same time lol but either way i hope we get smith
                            Med was 8:02.

You were 8:04.

Med called it first!

Comment

Wow Elway is the man! Either would be great but I am more in favor for Beason as I watched him play in a Giants game and he played really hard. Fox also may know him well. Would not be upset if we get Smith as he too is linked to Del Rio in Jacksonville and is very good.

If we get either we are going to be a top defense next year. We are going smash mouth IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X