Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salary cap future

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Salary cap future

    @nfldraftscout: Brock Osweiler is going to inherit a team in salary cap hell. But we'll worry about that later!



    When he takes over at QB, they'll be taking Manning's almost 20 million off the books and the cap will be higher. Not sure they'll really be in that bad a shape then.

  • #2
    BUT HIS TWITTER HANDLE IS NFL DRAFT SCOUT!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MABroncoFan View Post
      When he takes over at QB, they'll be taking Manning's almost 20 million off the books and the cap will be higher. Not sure they'll really be in that bad a shape then.
      Exactly. PM has a $21.5 million cap number in 2015 and 2016. Take that off the books, and add whatever the increase is, and the Broncos are fine. Mike Sullivan is good at his job.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, I'm not sure why it's viewed like that. Ward was a bargain and Talib was about what a number one cb makes. Plus Champ and Kuper are gone. I think mofo's are jealous over the Broncos signing just 2 players.

        Comment


        • #5
          Elway has been fantastic handling the cap so far

          It is what happens when your team is not run like the Chiefs and Raiders or the league

          Fans around here don't understand if you manage your cap you can actually sign and retain good players

          They see their FO give $10 mil/year contracts to guys like Brandon Flowers and just think it is cheating when we make smart decisions

          Comment


          • #6
            They won't be....They haven't spent all that much money really. People don't understand the salary cap very well.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MABroncoFan View Post
              @nfldraftscout: Brock Osweiler is going to inherit a team in salary cap hell. But we'll worry about that later!



              When he takes over at QB, they'll be taking Manning's almost 20 million off the books and the cap will be higher. Not sure they'll really be in that bad a shape then.
              This!

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm sure Elway and the front office is not going all in for the next couple of years knowing it will set the team back in the long term.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've been reading that the Talib contract is really just 2 years, $26 mil. If they don't pick up the rest of the contract, no cap hell from him. Another $20 mil a year for Manning. No Welker. Cap going up by $15-20 mil a year or so from here on out.

                  No worries.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Under the Elway FO, minimal cap hits on most of the out years of the contracts signed.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
                      I've been reading that the Talib contract is really just 2 years, $26 mil. If they don't pick up the rest of the contract, no cap hell from him. Another $20 mil a year for Manning. No Welker. Cap going up by $15-20 mil a year or so from here on out.

                      No worries.
                      Yup. This.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Contracts coming off next year

                        Welker 8m
                        Von Miller 6.6m
                        Demaryius Thomas 4.7m
                        Tamme 3.5m
                        Dreesen 3.1m
                        Knighton 2.75m
                        Vickerson 2.5m
                        Moore 1.4m
                        Franklin 1.386m
                        Unrein 1.4m
                        Julius Thomas .741m
                        Quinton Carter .758m
                        Tony Carter .720m
                        Virgil Green .661m
                        Fua .645m
                        Steven Johnson .574m
                        Aaron Brewer .571m
                        Ihenacho .570m
                        Marshall .495m

                        = 41.01m coming off next year ...

                        Those are guys that were on the active roster this year...wouldn't be surprised to see the cap at 145-150m next year too. Also got to account for salaries going up...etc and what carryover we have.
                        Last edited by Action; 03-12-2014, 08:12 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MABroncoFan View Post
                          @nfldraftscout: Brock Osweiler is going to inherit a team in salary cap hell. But we'll worry about that later!



                          When he takes over at QB, they'll be taking Manning's almost 20 million off the books and the cap will be higher. Not sure they'll really be in that bad a shape then.
                          You guys are in good shape now with potential big money guys like Von Miller, D. Thomas and J. Thomas still on cheap rookie deals. That won't be the case two years from now.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Action View Post
                            Contracts coming off next year

                            Welker 8m
                            Von Miller 6.6m
                            Tamme 3.5m
                            Dreesen 3.1m
                            Knighton 2.75m
                            Vickerson 2.5m
                            Moore 1.4m
                            Franklin 1.386m
                            Unrein 1.4m
                            Julius Thomas .741m
                            Quinton Carter .758m
                            Tony Carter .720m
                            Virgil Green .661m
                            Fua .645m
                            Steven Johnson .574m
                            Aaron Brewer .571m
                            Ihenacho .570m
                            Marshall .495m

                            = 36.371m coming off next year ...

                            Those are guys that were on the active roster this year...wouldn't be surprised to see the cap at 145-150m next year too.
                            You forgot that DT is off the books next year too......for now.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Action View Post
                              Contracts coming off next year

                              Welker 8m
                              Von Miller 6.6m
                              Tamme 3.5m
                              Dreesen 3.1m
                              Knighton 2.75m
                              Vickerson 2.5m
                              Moore 1.4m
                              Franklin 1.386m
                              Unrein 1.4m
                              Julius Thomas .741m
                              Quinton Carter .758m
                              Tony Carter .720m
                              Virgil Green .661m
                              Fua .645m
                              Steven Johnson .574m
                              Aaron Brewer .571m
                              Ihenacho .570m
                              Marshall .495m

                              = 36.371m coming off next year ...

                              Those are guys that were on the active roster this year...wouldn't be surprised to see the cap at 145-150m next year too.
                              You do realize that those players will need to be replaced?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X