Champ Bailey in free agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ Bailey in free agency

Today is the first day I've really paid attention to the NFL since the game that shall not be named. Needed a football break (would've preferred longer, but today has been an exciting signing day for the Broncos). Concerning Champ, here's what I know:

He and Denver could not agree to a new contract, so he was released.
    He said he was willing to consider a switch to safety.
    The Falcons were reported to be interested.

That's about all I know. Has anyone shown real interest? What are the chances he signs back with Denver? I assume 0-1%, or else they never would've released him to begin with? Why not sign him back as a FS?

I didn't post this in the existing Champ thread because FA started today and it's a new chapter.

I really think Champ retires or will shortly into training camp for someone.

Comment

Atlanta may be looking at him as a nickle.

Comment

This is reminding me of the Jerry Rice situation. It will not end upwell for Champ I'm afraid. One more so so season and done.

Comment

older guys usually have to wait. once the pieces fall into place around the league he'll be able to pick from a few teams.

Comment

Originally posted by extralife View Post
            older guys usually have to wait. once the pieces fall into place around the league he'll be able to pick from a few teams.
            We should use Peyton as incentive to sign him. Come on Champ, it's the end of your career! Denver is your best shot at finally getting a ring!

I think it might work. Pretend he never played here. Treat him like any other FA. Have Fox/Elway wine and dine him and sign him as the last piece of the defensive puzzle! We're talking Jedi **** here, boys.

Comment

Bring him back for 1 million dollars and cut him if he doesn't give %150 each snap.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                Bring him back for 1 million dollars and cut him if he doesn't give %150 each snap.
                also, make him run a lap if he incorrectly places a percentage sign.

Comment

If I did it wrong so be it.

Comment

And, needless to say, make him run a 40

Comment

If I did it wrong so be it.
                      take a lap, guy

Comment

Champ may have to wait until after the draft to get any interest at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
                          take a lap, guy
                          Free agency victory lap from my kitchen for food and back to my couch to watch movies sounds good to me.

Comment

Free agency victory lap from my kitchen for food and back to my couch to watch movies sounds good to me.

Comment

Working...
                            X