2014 Salary Cap Hit Spreadsheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CEH View Post
    So where is this $11.49M on the spreadsheet?

Help me tie out the numbers

What am I missing. Some players for 2014 are missing salarys.

Top 51 exceed the $133 MM which is impossible even with the carry over to still have $11 MM under.
    I put sample FA contracts in there to have the Broncos spending all their money this year. They have $6.4M rollover from last year, hence the $139.4M in total spending available to them. I will take out the sample FA contracts later, because it's confusing.

Comment

One thing I noticed on Spotrac.......the sum of Ware's cap hits totals $33 million, not $30 million.

So, either he signed a $33 million contract.....or one (or more) of their cap hit numbers is overstated, and we are in better shape (by 3 million) than we think (either this year or a combination of years).

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-br...demarcus-ware/

Comment

So, can someone explain how prior year cap carryover works? There has to be a limit on how much can be carried, right?

Obviously, if the cap is say, $100M.....and your team's cap is $70M.....you can't carry over $30M to the next year and add that to the current year ($133M)....and have a $163M cap, right?

Comment

Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
          So, can someone explain how prior year cap carryover works? There has to be a limit on how much can be carried, right?

Obviously, if the cap is say, $100M.....and your team's cap is $70M.....you can't carry over $30M to the next year and add that to the current year ($133M)....and have a $163M cap, right?
          I have been trying to find the answer to that for the past few years. I know a team is penalized if it spends below the 90% threshold. It seems to me, you could just spend 90% every year for a few years, then have a ton of money to throw at a guy like Manning. Who knows.

Also, I put Dreessen back on the roster. Bad mojo to try to predict the future.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
            I have been trying to find the answer to that for the past few years. I know a team is penalized if it spends below the 90% threshold. It seems to me, you could just spend 90% every year for a few years, then have a ton of money to throw at a guy like Manning. Who knows.
            I don't think you are doing math right.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
              I don't think you are doing math right.
              Yeah, I think you have to spend 90% of your total cap (including rollover) every year. That makes it hard to accumulate a lot of money.

BULLETIN: Spotrac is showing a -$3.125M "2014 Cap Adjustment" on this year's salary cap. Not sure where this number comes from, but I added it on.

Comment

Teams have to spend 89% of the cap is what I hear. Not sure what the Raiders will do .

Legwold has Denver at $10MM left.

Allocate $6-7 MM for rookies and reserve and that leaves about $3MM left but out of cash for signing bonuses

I'm expecting one more FA to sign

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
                  Teams have to spend 89% of the cap is what I hear. Not sure what the Raiders will do .

Legwold has Denver at $10MM left.

Allocate $6-7 MM for rookies and reserve and that leaves about $3MM left but out of cash for signing bonuses

I'm expecting one more FA to sign
                  What I am wondering is where is So Cal with his "Bowlen is a cheap SOB" spread sheet?

Comment

Still have no clue where the "2014 Adjustment" of -$3.125M on Spotrac comes from. Does anybody know?

Comment

Still have no clue where the "2014 Adjustment" of -$3.125M on Spotrac comes from. Does anybody know?
                      Half of that is off Tebow's contract that the Jets took on when they traded for him.

The rest? I'm not sure but the league calculates in likely/unlikely to be earned incentives around this time. So if a player was likely to earn 2013 incentives (playing time) and didn't then it get's added to next year's cap.

Basically any of the guys that ended up on IR, if they had likely to be earned incentives then they would have to be counted against the 2013 cap (to prevent teams from circumventing base salary etc into next year's cap). But if they didn't earn those incentives then Denver is credited for them next year (2014).

It works the other way around as well. If a player had unlikely to be earned incentives for 2013 then they are not counted against the cap that year, but if he earns them then that is taken away from the 2014 cap.

Comment

Why is overthecap showing us at 16.5mil (after I cut dressen and tamme)? I know they don't have Sanders on there yet, but he shouldn't take up that much space.

Comment

Originally posted by Rascal View Post
                          Why is overthecap showing us at 16.5mil (after I cut dressen and tamme)? I know they don't have Sanders on there yet, but he shouldn't take up that much space.
                          Right now overthecap shows $11.7 cap space. If the Broncos were to cut Tamme and Dreessen, that would add an additional $5.5M in cap.

They don't list Sanders (~$5M), draft picks (~$4.5), or the "2014 Adjustment (-$3.125M) (that spotrac lists).

That's why I'm trying to figure out if that adjustment is really real, because the Broncos certainly don't seem to be acting like there anywhere close to the limit.

Comment

Right now overthecap shows $11.7 cap space. If the Broncos were to cut Tamme and Dreessen, that would add an additional $5.5M in cap.

They don't list Sanders (~$5M), draft picks (~$4.5), or the "2014 Adjustment (-$3.125M) (that spotrac lists).

That's why I'm trying to figure out if that adjustment is really real, because the Broncos certainly don't seem to be acting like there anywhere close to the limit.
                            I don't think anyone can give an accurate number. People get paid a lot of money to do these contracts and keep track of them...and Agents get paid a lot to accept the contracts. I really doubt any joe schmoe can just accurately calculate a team's cap space.

Giving an estimate is the only thing you can do.

Comment

Mitch Unrein could be gone as well. He's $1.5 million against the cap with no dead money. If we sign a DT in the draft then it's going to be interesting to see if they keep Unrein who's essentially just a guy off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by fontaine View Post
                                Mitch Unrein could be gone as well. He's $1.5 million against the cap with no dead money. If we sign a DT in the draft then it's going to be interesting to see if they keep Unrein who's essentially just a guy off the bench.
                                Yep Unrein is just a snap eater. His best trait was his price but at 1.5 mil he should be looking for work.

Comment

Working...
                                X