OL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OL

Haven't seen this discussed much anywhere else, but thought it would be interesting to see what happens to the OL now that Beadles is gone. So what will the Broncos do at LG? Do they move Franklin over, and have Clark play RT, sign a FA, or get someone in the draft? Have they been pursuing any FA or mentioned what their plan may be?

I know the idea is popular but I sincerely doubt the team will move one of the best RT's in football to OG.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
      I know the idea is popular but I sincerely doubt the team will move one of the best RT's in football to OG.
      It's intriguing...you have to wonder if he might be *the* best guard in football. Certainly has the size for it.

Comment

Jeff Legwold had a nice breakdown on this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...adles-moves-on

Orlando Franklin would probably move to left guard while Chris Clark moves to right tackle. Clady comes back to protect Peyton Manning's blind side. Clady coming back is huge. Him coming back, as well as Clark proving to be at least serviceable, is why the Broncos were fine with letting Beadles walk.

Comment

I think we already have our new LG on the roster. I think it is Ryan Miller

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
            It's intriguing...you have to wonder if he might be *the* best guard in football. Certainly has the size for it.
            I have no doubt that he would be awesome at it. But in general, you do not take a really good T and make him a G. If he was struggling then yes.

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
              Think about having Clady and Franklin next to each other on the OL.

Another option would be to move Ramirez back out to Guard and have Walton or another player at C.

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
                Think about having Clady and Franklin next to each other on the OL.

Another option would be to move Ramirez back out to Guard and have Walton or another player at C.
                Walton is a Redskin

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                  Walton is a Redskin
                  Thanks. Did that happen last year? Completely skipped my mind.

Comment

I think Clark takes over the swing tackle role- able to back up either side in
                    case of injury. Miller has the size and footwork as a former tackle to take on
                    the roll of a pulling LG

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
                      Thanks. Did that happen last year? Completely skipped my mind.
                      yes

http://www.nfl.com/player/j.d.walton/497064/profile

Comment

Working...
                      X