Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Smith as the new number 2 receiver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Smith as the new number 2 receiver?

Steve Smith is available for trade and if a trade doesn't happen he will be released. Current deal pays him 7 million this season. A little too high in my opinion, but if he gets released I would be all for giving him a new deal, reuniting him with Fox and giving the guy a shot at playing for a winner.

He is smaller but plays with a physicality none of our receivers this past season did.

If he is a great deal then yes, otherwise pass. Then I would think the plan would be to also draft a young WR and maybe even resign Caldwell. Lot's of big fast WR will be available first 3 rounds.

Then you use the cap money to grab a safety, cb, pass rusher.

Comment

You can never have enough leadership. But as with all players in FA: only if the price is right. That being said, I think he'll sign for a very reasonable value somewhere in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly View Post
        You can never have enough leadership. But as with all players in FA: only if the price is right. That being said, I think he'll sign for a very reasonable value somewhere in the NFL
        Wouldn't mind that being in Denver reunited with the coach he's played for the longest.

It is a bit of concern to have 2 old WR's in Wes and Smith starting though.

Steve Smith will be 35 by the start of the next season.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFly View Post
          I think he'll be very bitter and settle for less than he thinks he's worth because he has to...

Comment

If the Broncos can get him cheap they should snatch him up. His attitude combined with that of Welker would be a very good example for the Thomases and any other young WRs/TEs that the Broncos have/get. For all the talk of the NFL being an offensive league now, I keep seeing more and more teams trying to move towards more physical, smash football. The skills guys need to be able to handle that.

Comment

I'm fine with it if he has enough left in the tank. At 35 he's bound to be cheap but we need effective.

Comment

Mean Streak, and the first guy I thought off when that pussy Decker disappeared in the Super Bowl.

Comment

I really want to see it happen. Peyton throwing to Smith would be fun for a season.

Comment

Sign him for a cheap two year deal and draft a Tall WR in the 3rd or 2nd round sounds like a plan

Comment

I actually love Steve Smith as a player. Dude is a baller and he doesn't put up with **** like our current WR's do. I think he would be a great fit with Manning throwing him the ball.

Comment

....and hope he doesn't Pearl Harbor a teammate in the film room.

Comment

We need to add some toughness

I would gladly welcome Smitty

Comment

I want mean and nasty at all positions this off season...Smith fits that mold...want a guy to punch someone in the mouth.......pay Finnegan a small sum to just come in a play or two a game and wreck someone while you are at it too (I am not advocating for Finnegan, just saying I want some attitude)

Comment

Smith has the cats bent over a rock....

While it won’t make it any harder (or easier) to trade Smith, it highlights the conundrum the Panthers now face: (1) keep Smith and pay him $7 million; (2) cut Smith and pay him $3 million; or (3) trade Smith and pay him nothing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-panthers/

Comment

Working...
                              X