Rotoworld GM Rankings: Elway #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotoworld GM Rankings: Elway #6

Seemed too low until I read the list. I think Baalke is the only one ahead of him I might quarrel with ... other than Bill Belichick of course, who proves once again he's the most overrated man in sports. After all, didn't Ozzie teach Bill and Scott Pioli everything they know, so shouldn't Ozzie be #1?

Look what Ozzie has done in 18 years with the Ravens ... figure in last year's Lombardi, and he's among the best GM's in NFL history. Short list-er.

1. Bill Belichick
    2. Ozzie Newsome
    3. Ted Thompson
    4. John Schneider ... "COUGH!Matt FlynnCOUGH!"
    5. Trent Baalke
    6. John Elway
    27. Jerry Jones
    28. Bruce Allen/Dan Snyder
    29 (lowest ranked) Reggie McKenzie
    http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...-best-gms?pg=1

Body of work is what keeping Elway out of the top 5.... But what he has done in 3 years is pretty amazing, one of the biggest FA recruits of all time, 3 West titles, 2 first round byes, 1 Super Bowl....

He drafts well, retains good players, let's some leave when it makes sense, and will always be after the Franchise QB...

Really outstanding for a new GM in the NFL

Comment

Belichick is on this list for his coaching ability not his roster management. They've blown a lot of draft picks over the years. It's a good thing too. If they had drafted well they would probably have a few more rings.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
        Seemed too low until I read the list. I think Baalke is the only one ahead of him I might quarrel with ... other than Bill Belichick of course, who proves once again he's the most overrated man in sports. After all, didn't Ozzie teach Bill and Scott Pioli everything they know, so shouldn't Ozzie be #1?

Look what Ozzie has done in 18 years with the Ravens ... figure in last year's Lombardi, and he's among the best GM's in NFL history. Short list-er.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...-best-gms?pg=1
        Schneider should be #1, no question. He's the new Ozzie.

Comment

The Ravens were the only team to win playoff games in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 leading to a Super Bowl trophy. I was relieved when they were eliminated by the Chargers vs the Chiefs backups. The Ravens would have made some noise again. Ozzie is still #1.

Comment

chicken or the egg?

GM needs a great coach...all the top GM's on the list have one. 49ers sucked til Harbaught came. Belichek can coach, but his GM skills are turrible.

Ozzie has killed it, but John Harbaugh has been the key to their success as well

Comment

Ozzie is #1, Belichick at #1 is a joke. Schneider #2. Have no issue with the other rankings.

Comment

Working...
              X