Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we lock up Demaryius now?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do we lock up Demaryius now?

    Do we lock up Demaryius this off-season? Do you think he would leave if it was Manning's last year with the team? I just don't know if we risk losing him to the market next season. I guess ylu can always tag him.

  • #2
    I doubt they worry about it until next offseason.

    Comment


    • #3
      He will likely get locked up mid season.

      Comment


      • #4
        I hate the franchise route. You are going to have a malcontent who maybe shows up at the last minute / gets hurt / has minimal production at top dollar price. And for the life of me, I don't understand how DT can be at times contained. He should be TO in his prime, only faster and without the attention whoring. Still, his potential seems like it has barely been tapped. This is a guy you have to extend now, to the tune of just below Megatron money.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think the TO comparison is very apt.

          I think it'd be a good idea to try and lock him up

          Comment


          • #6
            No. The salary cap is going to go up again next year. You spend on FAs to help make another push this offseason and then pay him next year.

            Comment


            • #7
              It would definitely not fit with the MO of the organization. We have seen time and again players playing out the final year of the their deals before getting resigned. Clady, DJ Williams, Kuper, Champ Bailey, Elvis Dumervil, Matt Prater, Colquitt just to mention a few. I don't remember resigning anyone to a big contract more than a year before they could become free agents.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bowtown View Post
                No. The salary cap is going to go up again next year. You spend on FAs to help make another push this offseason and then pay him next year.
                lol what?

                Extending Thomas now wouldn't have any effect on our cap for this upcoming season, considering he's still under contract for 1 more year.

                If anything, it'd be cheaper to extend him before the salary cap goes up, because if it goes up even more than it did this year (which they expect it to), that gives DT and his agent more power to ask for MORE money.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I want to see DT be aggressive, use his size to fight for the ball before we throw any more money at him
                  Last edited by i4jelway7; 03-10-2014, 04:01 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by i4jelway7 View Post
                    I want to see DT be aggressive, use his size to fight for the ball before we throw any more money at him
                    He already does. Manning rarely throws the ball up for grabs like that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Action View Post
                      lol what?

                      Extending Thomas now wouldn't have any effect on our cap for this upcoming season, considering he's still under contract for 1 more year.

                      If anything, it'd be cheaper to extend him before the salary cap goes up, because if it goes up even more than it did this year (which they expect it to), that gives DT and his agent more power to ask for MORE money.
                      Don't worry,DT & his agent are not going to give a sh!t what the cap is when they start talking contract. His agent is well aware of what's going on with the cap.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Action View Post
                        lol what?

                        Extending Thomas now wouldn't have any effect on our cap for this upcoming season, considering he's still under contract for 1 more year.

                        If anything, it'd be cheaper to extend him before the salary cap goes up, because if it goes up even more than it did this year (which they expect it to), that gives DT and his agent more power to ask for MORE money.
                        Yeah he's not going to want any guaranteed money at all. You are an idiot.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bowtown View Post
                          Yeah he's not going to want any guaranteed money at all. You are an idiot.
                          What does guaranteed money have to do with anything??

                          Do you even know what you're talking about?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Action View Post
                            What does guaranteed money have to do with anything??

                            Do you even know what you're talking about?
                            Yes, but I don't think you do. I don't think yo understand how extensions or the salary cap work.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
                              Don't worry,DT & his agent are not going to give a **** what the cap is when they start talking contract. His agent is well aware of what's going on with the cap.
                              You're probably right. It's not a huge chip but if the cap does go over and beyond what is expected, that'd definitely be a W for DT's camp.

                              They'll probably work on DT's contract after FA and draft class at earliest.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X