Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As expected...Harris 2nd round tender...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As expected...Harris 2nd round tender...

"It's a second round tender for the originally undrafted Broncos cornerback, while Duke Ihenacho and Tony Carter each received expected undrafted tenders."

Harris will be paid just over $2.1 million which seems like a good deal for us. If someone signs him, we get a 2nd rounder in return.

Duke was tendered at a $570k amount and FOR SOME DAMN REASON Tony freakin' Carter was tendered at $730k. Duke as a 4th string (Bruton 5th) is ok with me. My hatred for Carter endures and I wish he'd just leave.

Originally posted by stoxman View Post
    "It's a second round tender for the originally undrafted Broncos cornerback, while Duke Ihenacho and Tony Carter each received expected undrafted tenders."

Harris will be paid just over $2.1 million which seems like a good deal for us. If someone signs him, we get a 2nd rounder in return.

Duke was tendered at a $570k amount and FOR SOME DAMN REASON Tony freakin' Carter was tendered at $730k. Duke as a 4th string (Bruton 5th) is ok with me. My hatred for Carter endures and I wish he'd just leave.
    This.

Comment

why on earth are you knocking re-signing a guy to a $730k 1 year contract that had less than 50% of passes completed on him last year and actually could hold onto an interception Carter is a pretty good 4th/5th CB

Comment

Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
        why on earth are you knocking re-signing a guy to a $730k 1 year contract that had less than 50% of passes completed on him last year and actually could hold onto an interception Carter is a pretty good 4th/5th CB
        Always thought he's pretty decent depth. When pushed any further, hence where people gets pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
          I for sure get that he isn't a world beater but I have never understood the hate for this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
            I for sure get that he isn't a world beater but I have never understood the hate for this guy.
            Agreed. Maybe its because he was the under coverage and let Jacoby Jones get a free release on the Raheem 'The Dream' hail mary.

Comment

Tony Carter had some decent coverage skills. I'd actually prefer to keep him OVER Duke, if we have to choose...

Comment

Originally posted by Enter The Dragon View Post
                Agreed. Maybe its because he was the under coverage and let Jacoby Jones get a free release on the Raheem 'The Dream' hail mary.
                Yeah, he does take plays off and that one was probably the biggest of all but in all honesty I'd rather have him back there next season if there's an injury than bloody Quentin Jammer.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                  "Our special teams depth players should always be shut down corners"
                  We're stupid. We should sign Carter to #1 money to compliment our new perennial all-pro Safety Champ Bailey.

Elways is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                    Because when he was asked to fill in and play as a starter, he (GASP) didn't play as a starter!! If you can find better, do it but at $730k, that doesn't bust the cap hard. We need to worry about making sure we have starters. This is a small piece to pay for depth...4th or 5th in line.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                      Because when he was asked to fill in and play as a starter, he (GASP) didn't play as a starter!! If you can find better, do it but at $730k, that doesn't bust the cap hard. We need to worry about making sure we have starters. This is a small piece to pay for depth...4th or 5th in line.
                      I absolutely agree with this...I will be the first to say his play has been inconsistent but it would be stupid to not keep him around.

Comment

Harris is worth a 2nd rounder, someone might take him. So it seems Duke isn't in the plans for this team if they tendered him so low.

Comment

Originally posted by uplink View Post
                          Harris is worth a 2nd rounder, someone might take him. So it seems Duke isn't in the plans for this team if they tendered him so low.
                          I doubt anyone offers either player a contract. Even if they do, Denver has a week to match, iirc. Harris probably would have been given an offer sheet had he not had the ACL. If a team signs Eatanacho to an offer sheet, I wuldn't have much issue with Denver letting him go for a 4th. Edit, I misread the OP, I thought it said Duke was signed to a 4th-round tender, which seemed high to me. Eatanacho is a reserve-level SS imo. The tender seems about right I think.

And why are ppl complaining about $730k to a depth CB?
                          Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 03-07-2014, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I think Kevon Webster starts next year along with Harris (they match any offer on him).

Comment

Looks like Unrein just got a 3rd level tender at 1.43M.

ToastTony Carter is so much like ToastTito Paul to me---can't handle it. I am so used to seeing a completed pass then look for which Bronco got beat and seeing #32. Ugh.

Depth or not...give me a solid 1st or 2nd rounder over him along with DRC, Harris, KW, and a solid free agent like Shields and we won't need him.

Comment

Working...
                              X