Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap to soar to 160 million by 2016

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...llion-in-2016/

Salary cap problems won't be an issue in the NFL for much longer.

It's all relative, player contracts will probably soar along with them in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
      It's all relative, player contracts will probably soar along with them in time.
      I doubt owners fall over themselves to reach the limit. Most will spend under the cap. Player salaries won't rise as fast IMO.

We will see this year as many teams have cap room to spend. My opinion is they won't. Many will spend the minimum they can under the CBA.

Comment

The minimum will also rise, though. I doubt this becomes anything close to a baseball scenario.

Comment

No it won't but it does mean the timing if perfect for the Broncos. Spend now and when manning is gone in 2016 use that extra cap to carry his dead money.

The Broncos could then spend this year and next yr and make two more runs to try and get another ****ing ring.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
            Spend now and when manning is gone in 2016 use that extra cap to carry his dead money.
            If PFM does retire after 2015 he would only generate $2.5 million of dead money--and it would be dwarfed by the $19 million in base salary that would be freed up.

What this projected raise means is that's no excuse for the Broncos to not lock up legitimate young talent for a long time. Personally, I think this includes Decker, but clearly Elway disagrees. Then again, I'm not going to question him too much thanks to his track record thus far.

Comment

Exactly why we shouldn't be letting good players like Decker and Moreno go while we have 1-2 years left with Manning. We won't have a problem re-signing DT or Von next year

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Habit View Post
                If PFM does retire after 2015 he would only generate $2.5 million of dead money--and it would be dwarfed by the $19 million in base salary that would be freed up.

What this projected raise means is that's no excuse for the Broncos to not lock up legitimate young talent for a long time. Personally, I think this includes Decker, but clearly Elway disagrees. Then again, I'm not going to question him too much thanks to his track record thus far.
                I was more thinking that next yr to sign DT Manning restructures and they go ahead and put more dead money into 2016 when he most likely retires.

My main point is that salary cap not an issue for the Broncos right now IMO.

Comment

Broncos may be letting other teams do Deckers and Morenos contract. Then if the Broncos feel that is a good deal they could resign them.

I would love to see Decker stay.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
                    Exactly why we shouldn't be letting good players like Decker and Moreno go while we have 1-2 years left with Manning. We won't have a problem re-signing DT or Von next year
                    It's a 2 way street, they don't have to leave...they just likely won't command the kind of money they want here.

Decker is going to get a big contract from someone and it's not money we should be spending.

Comment

Working...
                    X