Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving forward at DB since Champ Bailey will be on a team we hate and become an all pro safety.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving forward at DB since Champ Bailey will be on a team we hate and become an all pro safety.

I predict he goes to Baltimore but this time we cant blame fax machines and we will hate Baltimore even more.

Makes no sense why we wouldn't even offer him a contract, he wanted to stay he was willing to switch positions.

We are a team that is weak CB weak at Safety, we really can't use Champ Bailey ? I don't get that at all.

Considering what we have at safety, Champ would of been able to start and probably excel with his skill set, hes going to transition to safety very nicely and he probably be an all pro for a team we hate.

Now to make things worse I heard they might not even make an offer to DRC please tell me I am hearing wrong! If so now what?

what exactly do we have? unless we are trying to trade up for Justin Gilbert or go safety with HaHa, re-sign DRC or have a trade ready for a CB we are deep trouble.

The FO is taking a calculated risk. They think the math checks out. We'll see if they're right.

Comment

He probably isn't here because Denver wanted to fix the safety position with a player that isn't 36 year old and that has played safety before. Byrd or Ward come to mind. Nothing I have heard suggests Denver isn't trying to get DRC back either. Denver as also been in talks for Revis as well. It's not like they are blowing this off.

Comment

Also I don't believe for one second Bailey would replace Matt Elam as the starting FS for the Ravens.

Comment

Originally posted by DBroncos4life View Post
          Also I don't believe for one second Bailey would replace Matt Elam as the starting FS for the Ravens.
          Nope. Not a chance.

Comment

I want to see Byrd or Ward signed. If DRC is retained, I would still expect a selection early on a CB considering Harris' ACL recovery. I want a draft selection at both CB and S.

Comment

Let's not get extreme here. Denver was just in the Superbowl and even though we lost, the FO knows this team can make another run at it next year. We have alot of pieces in place and let's say our prayers that we don't end up the most injured team in the league again. I think Elway knows we need big time help at Safety and he probably doesn't think it's the best idea to roll the dice on Champ playing that position. Most people probably just assume it's an easy transitions but it all reality, it's probably not all that easy. Plus Champ has definitely lost a step, who knows how much more that foot will heal, maybe they know something we don't, and I'm sure Champ isn't going to take much of a paycut. We all know how FA's works, you always pay somebody more then they're worth and Champ will probably play CB next year for somebody at $6M but it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't try to get a 2 year deal and the Broncos probably know that and don't want to commit to that. I think they also realize that no matter how good your safety and CB play is, they will still get torched if you can't get sacks. So they probably think they can use that $10M from Champ and sign a decent safety that's healthy and has experience at that position, plus somebody to rush the passer opposite of Miller, plus they have to sign DRC and I'm betting they try and find a way to keep Decker too.

Comment

I don't think they would cut bailey without a plan for replacing him. He did ok playing the slot when he was healthy.

And all this talk about Bailey moving to safety is a little too late. There was talk about that for years and Bailey always refused to entertain the idea. After the Super Bowl and knowing he was most likely on the chopping block due to his salary did he mention being open to the position change.

Bailey will go down as one of the best but it's time for him to retire.

Comment

What about Tarell Brown isn't he a young FA

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                    Nope. Not a chance.
                    I heard people say Atlanta as a possible landing spot for him but, he won't beat out Thomas DeCoud who is under contract till 2016. I could possibly see him there as a dime corner to mentor Trufant and Alford.

I question if he would be a upgrade at NE over McCourty. He seemed to have settled into that role better.

Looking at dome or warm weather teams and see where he fits. Lions, Texans, and Cowboys jump out at me the most off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by oubronco View Post
                      There's a thread showing all the FA's

Comment

to me, without bailey and with harris going down so late in the year, this team could use three more cb's unless they are planning on relying on webster. it's not ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by oubronco View Post
                          He is 29, but he plays the right side. That wouldn't work if we keep DRC. Still he would be a good option.

Comment

Originally posted by DBroncos4life View Post
                            I heard people say Atlanta as a possible landing spot for him but, he won't beat out Thomas DeCoud who is under contract till 2016. I could possibly see him there as a dime corner to mentor Trufant and Alford.

I question if he would be a upgrade at NE over McCourty. He seemed to have settled into that role better.

Looking at dome or warm weather teams and see where he fits. Lions, Texans, and Cowboys jump out at me the most off the top of my head.
                            The turf would take him out on some of those fields. He got hurt with no contact 2 times on that kind of turf. Was even held out of a game this year because of that stuff.

Comment

revis island....there is no plan b.

Comment

Working...
                              X