Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brandon Browner

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brandon Browner

    has be reinstated and is an unrestricted free agent, 6'4, 220lbs. He will probably have to miss the first 4 games, but would be a huge upgrade for us to play alongside DRC. I say make him an offer.

  • #2
    http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...21#post4067021

    Comment


    • #3
      As said in the NFL thread, he's likely facing another multi game suspension.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
        As said in the NFL thread, he's likely facing another multi game suspension.
        I know. I said he is probably going to miss the first 4 games. It's stupid. They let anyone drink as much as they want, but if you smoke a joint your busted.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by orangenblue View Post
          I know. I said he is probably going to miss the first 4 games. It's stupid. They let anyone drink as much as they want, but if you smoke a joint your busted.

          I think they don't like tampering or missing tests more. I don't get why someone can't just lay off the stuff for a few years for their job and a lot of money.

          Comment


          • #6
            No thanks he was benched in Seattle anyways.

            Comment


            • #7
              Nah. He's a huge product of a system. His lateral movement is limited as he'd get shredded in most other defenses in the NFL.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                I think they don't like tampering or missing tests more. I don't get why someone can't just lay off the stuff for a few years for their job and a lot of money.
                in fairness to Browner why did he have to test if he wasn't even in the league?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
                  in fairness to Browner why did he have to test if he wasn't even in the league?
                  I'm sure it was a condition of reinstatement..... In order to be reinstated the player must prove he was clean of any banned substances

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by errand View Post
                    I'm sure it was a condition of reinstatement..... In order to be reinstated the player must prove he was clean of any banned substances
                    Browner was advanced to Stage 3 of the program for “failure to cooperate,” according to a source with knowledge of the situation, for missing a series of drug tests back in 2006 and 2007, when he was in fact out of the league. Sources say Browner claimed he never received any letters notifying him of the missed tests, and, was unaware that he was responsible to continue taking drug tests long after being released by the Broncos and through his time in CFL.

                    Browner was unaware of the requests for further tests, but it was those missed tests that advanced him deep into the program to the point where he was facing more lengthy suspensions. Browner faced a four-game suspension back in 2007 (he was released by Denver in July of 2006) but many of the letters and other communication were sent to an old address of a former girlfriend.

                    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...ers-suspension

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Action View Post
                      Nah. He's a huge product of a system. His lateral movement is limited as he'd get shredded in most other defenses in the NFL.
                      What are you talking about? You make no sense

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He used to play for us before he moved to Canada. No thanks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I actually think he could play Strong Safety.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BMORE View Post
                            I actually think he could play Strong Safety.
                            Yeah, at 6'4" 220 lbs., I would think he would make an awesome strong safety. We need some nasty playmakers in the secondary. I would love to see us bring him on. Baggage and all.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              No. He is very limited and you do not solve a problem with a problem.

                              His case is screwy because he did not get the letters, but part of being in the program is understanding the program. Of which he had to sign legal documents stating he understood what was being asked of him and now he likes to claim the notices did not get to him. The notices are reminders, he was responsible for making sure they got to him at a credible address.

                              However, we will get all kinds of people claiming he could play for DEN and be OK. Again. Sheesh!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X