No announcement yet.

How much are we talking to keep Moreno?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much are we talking to keep Moreno?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Knowshon_Moreno.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	2359718

Name:	1390612579000-USP-NFL-AFC-Championship-New-England-Patriots-at.jpg
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	2359719

Name:	20130601__knowshon-moreno-Broncos-Chiefs-JA3_8385x~p1.jpg
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	2359720

How much money would we have to pay him to keep him?

How much would it cost for another team to take him?

I became quite the Moreno fan this year. Almost bought his jersey. 1 Fumble, Great pass protector, Great reciever out of the pocket, 4.3 yard average, 4.55 40, I would really like him back
    Last edited by Kevin8Nine; 03-05-2014, 12:01 AM.

I'd love Moreno back. It will have to be for cheap. I think Montee and CJ can do just as well tho.

Comment

Montee was outplaying him at the end of the season. I would like him back but another team will wind up giving him a deal bigger than he is worth.

Comment

Moreno was beat up. He ran hard all year. Wish it would've been that way his whole contract. Glad he got his **** together.

Comment

Moreno is a young 26 with less than 900 carries in the league. I think considering his ability to block and catch he can get atleast 4.5M annually with about 5M guaranteed. I say slightly better than the 4yrs. 16M (4M guaranteed) contract Reggie Bush signed last year with the Lions. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/reggie-bush/

But then again there are some quality backs available so I could be wrong.

Top paid RB's: http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/...back/limit-25/
          Last edited by ATL-Eric; 03-05-2014, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Castinkas View Post
            I'd love Moreno back. It will have to be for cheap. I think Montee and CJ can do just as well tho.
            Yeah this guy was a stud for us this year.....in one preseason game............but you know comparable to our top rusher.

Comment

Love the guy. For some reason, I have a vision of him ending up back home though. Giants or Jets...

Comment

Agree. As long as we can get him for $4 million a year or so I think he is absolutely worth it. If we could bring him and Decker back the offense stays completely intact (with an improve Montee Ball). We can make the upgrades to the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                  Moreno is a young 26 with less than 900 carries in the league. I think considering his ability to block and catch he can get atleast 4.5M annually with about 5M guaranteed. I say slightly better than the 4yrs. 16M (4M guaranteed) contract Reggie Bush signed last year with the Lions. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/reggie-bush/

But then again there are some quality backs available so I could be wrong.

Top paid RB's: http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/...back/limit-25/
                  Moreno is nowhere near the player Reggie Bush is.

Moreno has played well in the PFM system, which makes average players look good. He played good in a contract year, coincidence or incentive? Either way I see no reason to over pay Moreno.

Comment

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
                    Moreno is nowhere near the player Reggie Bush is.

Moreno has played well in the PFM system, which makes average players look good. He played good in a contract year, coincidence or incentive? Either way I see no reason to over pay Moreno.
                    Bull****. Know does everything well. There's a reason he was drafted so early. And dont forget he caught 60 balls and only had 2 fumbles last year. There was a reason you werent nervous when he was in the game last year, unlike the other two. Its because he's reliable. I never said over pay. I said he'll get 4-5M like Bush.

And you act like Bush didnt benefit from playing with Brees and Stafford/Megatron.

Comment

Bull****. Know does everything well. There's a reason he was drafted so early. And dont forget he caught 60 balls and only had 2 fumbles last year. There was a reason you werent nervous when he was in the game last year, unlike the other two. Its because he's reliable. I never said over pay. I said he'll get 4-5M like Bush.

And you act like Bush didnt benefit from playing with Brees and Stafford/Megatron.

Moreno has improved. Did you not watch him before this year? He didn't play so well. Did he all of a sudden become a good reliable RB, or did he over produce in a contract year. I think they can still keep him. If they gave joe mays 5 they can give Moreno too.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                        Moreno has improved. Did you not watch him before this year? He didn't play so well. Did he all of a sudden become a good reliable RB, or did he over produce in a contract year. I think they can still keep him. If they gave joe mays 5 they can give Moreno too.
                        He's obviously matured and he's shown that hes capable of being a solid #1 RB in this league.

Comment

He's obviously matured and he's shown that hes capable of being a solid #1 RB in this league.
                          So then why would we let him walk? Seems to me those qualities are a must. He's not going to command more money than we can afford. This team will be in good shape once a few contracts get restructured or dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                            So then why would we let him walk? Seems to me those qualities are a must. He's not going to command more money than we can afford. This team will be in good shape once a few contracts get restructured or dropped.
                            I'm not going to explain the concept of free agency to you

Comment

I'm not going to explain the concept of free agency to you
                              Coming from the guy who wants to throw 2 1st rounders and can't understand the concept of the horses butt.

If teams want to keep an asset they don't let them walk to free agency. Obviously the broncos don't think as highly as you do if they are letting him walk. Were not talking a lot of money here.

Comment

Working...
                              X