Have you seen the movie " The Paper Boy " ? Spoiler Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you seen the movie " The Paper Boy " ? Spoiler Alert

It's been 4 days since I watched this. It's still stuck in my head so I figured maybe someone on here wants to talk about it.

My wife was grossed out by it so its a no go there and most of my friends thought because it has John Cusack, Mathew Mcconaughey and Nichole Kidman in it, it would be a chick flick. Boy were they wrong.

How much of this movie do you think was based on a true story ?

I was kinda thinking all but the very end. Is there any other movies out that are twisted like this ? I have to admit I do love a [email protected]#Ked up show.

I will never look at Cusack or Mcconaughey the same way again.
    Last edited by Quoydogs; 03-04-2014, 08:06 AM.

Matthew McConaughey has become one of my favorite actors over the years. He can really play the warm hearted guy like EDtv or the sick and twisted dude like in Killer Joe (that's pretty twisted movie right there )

Comment

ha ha.....the movie was disturbing.

now that this one is fresh in your mind, go check out Killer Joe. Make sure your wife watches

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
        ha ha.....the movie was disturbing.

now that this one is fresh in your mind, go check out Killer Joe. Make sure your wife watches
        See I thought killer Joe was nothing compared to this show. I had to rewind the hotel scene just to make sure I saw what I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
          See I thought killer Joe was nothing compared to this show. I had to rewind the hotel scene just to make sure I saw what I saw.
          bwhaha....NTTAWWT

Comment

Pretty epic run MM has been on the last few years. He went from a mediocre career to one of the most interesting in a matter of a few years.

Comment

I saw it, didn't think it was as bad as the reviews said, I still have a thing for Kidman, she can sure pour herself into some hot pants.

I thought this was where mCshirtless turned his career around by taking risky roles, I liked him in it, Cusak not so much.

It was Ok, I liked Mud a lot better though.

Comment

Well now I want to check this out. I don't see how it can be any more disturbing than the Human Centipede however.

Comment

Originally posted by ghwk View Post
                  Well now I want to check this out. I don't see how it can be any more disturbing than the Human Centipede however.
                  Nope it's not . That movie was ****ed up !

Comment

coincidentally I am on a Matt Mcmoviethon now and this is the one I have on. color me unimpressed. The movie makes zero sense and I like nobody. It isn't bad acting per se, but kind of like a ****ty story with no coherent line. and frankly zac effron has zero chemistry with Nicole Kidman. I'd have rather watched her do Matthew or anyone else. movie kind of sucks, but I will finish is, eventually I hope.

As for Matt, I am not overly fond of his chick flick films, but he was doing serious stuff early on too, Amistad, etc. He is better now I'd say, but I also like his goofy stuff like EdTV (also with Woody Harrelson) and he probably was the best thing in the chick flicks because he is charming and okay he's hot. And he deserved that Oscar. Dallas Buyers Club is amazing and he's freakishly emaciated in it.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                      I saw it, didn't think it was as bad as the reviews said, I still have a thing for Kidman, she can sure pour herself into some hot pants.

I thought this was where mCshirtless turned his career around by taking risky roles, I liked him in it, Cusak not so much.

It was Ok, I liked Mud a lot better though.
                      I thought Cusak played a great roll in it. Far better then in "Say Anything "or most of his other movies. Although I did like Gross point blank. Kidman from days of thunder = nothing hotter.
                      Last edited by Quoydogs; 03-03-2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss I. View Post
                        coincidentally I am on a Matt Mcmoviethon now and this is the one I have on. color me unimpressed. The movie makes zero sense and I like nobody. It isn't bad acting per se, but kind of like a ****ty story with no coherent line. and frankly zac effron has zero chemistry with Nicole Kidman. I'd have rather watched her do Matthew or anyone else. movie kind of sucks, but I will finish is, eventually I hope.

As for Matt, I am not overly fond of his chick flick films, but he was doing serious stuff early on too, Amistad, etc. He is better now I'd say, but I also like his goofy stuff like EdTV (also with Woody Harrelson) and he probably was the best thing in the chick flicks because he is charming and okay he's hot. And he deserved that Oscar. Dallas Buyers Club is amazing and he's freakishly emaciated in it.
                        The movie had a great story line. Without running it, its all about no good deed goes unpunished and people from the deep south are really screwed up in the head.

Comment

Nope it's not . That movie was ****ed up !
                          You got nothing
                          Attached Files

Comment

Cusack's Best films in no particular order (he sucks in this movie by the way, almost as bad as that stupid one with Kevin Spacey and that other crap fest action film whose name I won't be bothered to remember).
                            Sure Thing
                            Better Off Dead
                            Stand By Me (small role)
                            The Grifters
                            True Colors
                            Gross Pointe Blank
                            Being John Malkovich
                            High Fidelity

I enjoyed Identity, 1408 and Hot Tub Time Machine, but not sure they are great.

Comment

The movie had a great story line. Without running it, its all about no good deed goes unpunished and people from the deep south are really screwed up in the head.
                              Meh. What I have found interesting is the way it's filmed to give it that 70s aged sort of look and yes Nicole is gorgeous (is she ever not? I mean really? the only gorgeous person I've ever seen effectively do not gorgeous is Charlize Theron. I would sell my soul to be Charlize Theron, I swear). But honestly, it's pretty boring. I have no connection to anyone in this film. I was at least hoping for lots of nekkid Matthew or that Effron kid, but nope, mostly just bored.

It's all good I like some pretty bull**** stuff. I mean does anyone really think "time bandits" is a good movie besides me?

Comment

Working...
                              X