Question for Cap Pros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Cap Pros

Wouldn't it be smart to start extending players now at a price that fits the current cap so when the cap shoots up $20 mill (from 130 to 150 in two years they're now getting paid lower than they would have if we waited.

If so, wouldn't this allow is to keep more of our players moving forward while still being able to sign impact FA's?

Examples of this for us would be Clady and Vasquez.

I probably don't really understand the whole thing, but in my mind it seems like extending people now while the cap is still in the 130's would make more sense than waiting until people want an even bigger cut of a bigger pie.

Kind of like what Seattle did by signing Kam Chancellor to a dirt cheap (relative to his play) 5 year 30 mil contract last year.

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
    Wouldn't it be smart to start extending players now at a price that fits the current cap so when the cap shoots up $20 mill (from 130 to 150 in two years they're now getting paid lower than they would have if we waited.

If so, wouldn't this allow is to keep more of our players moving forward while still being able to sign impact FA's?

Examples of this for us would be Clady and Vasquez.

I probably don't really understand the whole thing, but in my mind it seems like extending people now while the cap is still in the 130's would make more sense than waiting until people want an even bigger cut of a bigger pie.

Kind of like what Seattle did by signing Kam Chancellor to a dirt cheap (relative to his play) 5 year 30 mil contract last year.
    You do realize that both Clady and Vasquez got brand new contracts at the beginning of last season?
    Last edited by crush17; 03-03-2014, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Probably better options like DT and JT, but in that case, yes.

Comment

Working...
      X