This is some scary **** !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is some scary **** !

Why I only caught a 20 second blurb on this I have no idea. Now keep in mind its fox news but it says were leaking 300+ gallons of Nuclear waste per year per tank and there are now six Olympic sized tanks leaking and its right next to a river.

Read away WOW !

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/23...governor-says/
    Last edited by Quoydogs; 03-01-2014, 05:56 AM.

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
    Why I only caught a 20 second blurb on this I have no idea. Now keep in mind its fox news but it says were leaking 300+ gallons of Nuclear waste per year per tank and there are now six Olympic sized tanks leaking and its right next to a river.

Read away WOW !

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/23...governor-says/
    Humans are hopeless.. We'll eventually get what we deserve.
    Attached Files

Comment

Plant hemp, sunflowers and mycos. Also will need to do this along the savannah river.

West coast is also seeing ***ashima arriving.

Comment

this site, is it near Seattle? Maybe they convert it to new training facilities for the Seattle Seahawks.
        then they could recruit this dude.

Comment

Seattle fans going to a night game in 2020

Comment

Are these single shell tanks?

Most tanks have a min of 3 layers (steel to concrete)...the idea that they are leaking could be a scare tactic to get funding for special interest groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
              Are these single shell tanks?

Most tanks have a min of 3 layers (steel to concrete)...the idea that they are leaking could be a scare tactic to get funding for special interest groups.
              It said in the article that the US is spending over a billion dollars a year on clean up. As to what they are made of IDK ? It doesn't say. It does say they should have been replaced 20 year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by alkemical View Post
                Plant hemp, sunflowers and mycos. Also will need to do this along the savannah river.

West coast is also seeing ***ashima arriving.
                At a previous job, we manufactured equipment to separate the liquid waste at that facility for vitrification. Some of the processors in the "dark area" are designed to be automated and be structurally sound for 60 years. Problem is, they hadn't decided where to bury the glass encased material.

If anyone lives downstream from Hanford along the Columbia River, they should move. They were also supposed to get salt waste equipment, but I'm not sure where they are on that project.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss I. View Post
                  this site, is it near Seattle? Maybe they convert it to new training facilities for the Seattle Seahawks.
                  then they could recruit this dude.

HEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU GUYS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
                    At a previous job, we manufactured equipment to separate the liquid waste at that facility for vitrification. Some of the processors in the "dark area" are designed to be automated and be structurally sound for 60 years. Problem is, they hadn't decided where to bury the glass encased material.

If anyone lives downstream from Hanford along the Columbia River, they should move. They were also supposed to get salt waste equipment, but I'm not sure where they are on that project.
                    How far down river ? There are a ton of people living on that river system. Portland, Vancouver, Yakima to name a few. I gotta say I'm a little freaked. 300 gallons leaking per tank and there are 6 leaking. That can't be good.

Do you think it would flush with into the ocean ? Oh they said the tanks are the size of Olympic swimming pools.

What kinda fall out range would that be ?

Comment

It's just an old crapper tank, people...

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
                        How far down river ? There are a ton of people living on that river system. Portland, Vancouver, Yakima to name a few. I gotta say I'm a little freaked. 300 gallons leaking per tank and there are 6 leaking. That can't be good.

Do you think it would flush with into the ocean ? Oh they said the tanks are the size of Olympic swimming pools.

What kinda fall out range would that be ?
                        That's just what they know about/they're reporting. I guarantee to you there's a lot more than that. Hanford and Savannah made plutonium for weapons, and that **** is SCREAMING hot because it's basically refined reactor waste.

As for the potentially affected zones, radioactive waste isn't like chemical waste which can be diluted by air or water, and some isotopes emit radiation for thousands of years. In the meantime, the waste ends up wherever the winds and waterways may carry it.

Comment

Originally posted by maher_tyler View Post
                          HEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU GUYS!!!!
                          it is the toxic avenger, not sloth from goonies. C'mon...

Comment

That's just crazy. I have an opportunity to take a job between Seattle and Vancouver (ca)...but I've been not as open to it due to these issues.

I know hemp and sun flowers won't fix it tomorrow, but bio and phyto remediation can be used to help.

Comment

That's just what they know about/they're reporting. I guarantee to you there's a lot more than that. Hanford and Savannah made plutonium for weapons, and that **** is SCREAMING hot because it's basically refined reactor waste.

As for the potentially affected zones, radioactive waste isn't like chemical waste which can be diluted by air or water, and some isotopes emit radiation for thousands of years. In the meantime, the waste ends up wherever the winds and waterways may carry it.
                              Nuclear power just scares me. Due to the potential risks. We haven't even seen the damage from ***ashima yet.

We need to figure out how to deal with this moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                              X