Houston's dumb if they draft Manziel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston's dumb if they draft Manziel

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8LAUgtNtoDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watch this highlight and count how many times Manziel hangs in the pocket,, I think I saw a total of 3 out of 100. You cant expect to play 16 games with that style.

He doesnt appear to have the zip or accuracy of Russ Wilson either.

Dude from ESPN thinks otherwise:http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/sto...ton-texans-man

What we watched in the Super Bowl? A strong front four D-Line can cause problems. Clowney and Watt on your D-Line will be Godly. If the Texans draft Menziel it will be laughable

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher View Post
      What we watched in the Super Bowl? A strong front four D-Line can cause problems. Clowney and Watt on your D-Line will be Godly. If the Texans draft Menziel it will be laughable
      Yep. Do that and trade for Cousins.

Comment

I see the Circus Ringmaster Jerry Jones making a move for Manziel, he sells merchandise and is a definite upgrade over Romo.

Comment

Originally posted by spdirty View Post
          Yep. Do that and trade for Cousins.
          Houston has alot of talent and you only have to beat the Colts to win the division. I think signing a guy like Josh McCown or Mark Sanchez then taking a another guy later isnt a bad idea.

Comment

Pretty deep QB draft, they're better off taking the Cincy route with a high 2nd round QB

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
              Pretty deep QB draft, they're better off taking the Cincy route with a high 2nd round QB
              That franchise finally caught a break that year. They could have easily taken Locker, Gabbert or Ponder and gone away with neither AJ Green or Dalton. Theyve been to the playoffs 3 straight years bc of that decision. On a side note, if Carolina passes on Cam theres no telling how far he slides.

Comment

Clowney is the best talent in the draft, if you pass you're a tard. Christ, the Queefs are going to playoffs next year with Alex Smith, a conservative Sanchez or McCown on the Texans with Clowney probably takes that Division...

Comment

Manziel is just not a bonafide, can't miss QB pick. He's not a huge risk to draft in the first round, like toward the middle or back of the first round, but I would not gamble on him with a top 5 pick. Houston should just draft Clowney, line him up with Watts and then take a chance on trading for Cousins or drafting a QB at the top of the second round. Or, if I was Houston I'd talk to Cleveland about trading for Hoyer if Cleveland drafts a QB.

Comment

I think a team drafting Manziel and expecting him to run a traditional pro style offense will be disappointed. I think the team that drafts him will need to use a similar offense he had in college or at least, run it at times. He was fun to watch in college, but you can't expect him to be able to run like that in the NFL. Some mention he's like Tarkenton, but seems he scrambled more to still throw the ball than take off down the field. He has great determination though, so he's very hard to gauge, but obviously playing QB, he will either be the best pick in the draft or a horrid bust.

Comment

He's no longer on the team, but one of the high points in Texans history was selecting Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. Got killed on ESPN for it, but it was clearly the right move once it played out. Always respected them for that. Taking Manziel over Clowney would reverse all that. This shouldn't even be a hard decision. Clowney every day of the ****ing week.

Comment

Originally posted by barryr View Post
                        I think a team drafting Manziel and expecting him to run a traditional pro style offense will be disappointed. I think the team that drafts him will need to use a similar offense he had in college or at least, run it at times. He was fun to watch in college, but you can't expect him to be able to run like that in the NFL. Some mention he's like Tarkenton, but seems he scrambled more to still throw the ball than take off down the field. He has great determination though, so he's very hard to gauge, but obviously playing QB, he will either be the best pick in the draft or a horrid bust.
                        In a perfect world the Raiders take him at #5

Comment

Clowney's talent #1 overall pick. His desire and motor from what I've heard is red flag city buyer beware.

Comment

I hope Manziel goes to Clev

Comment

Originally posted by Kid A View Post
                              He's no longer on the team, but one of the high points in Texans history was selecting Mario Williams over Reggie Bush. Got killed on ESPN for it, but it was clearly the right move once it played out. Always respected them for that. Taking Manziel over Clowney would reverse all that. This shouldn't even be a hard decision. Clowney every day of the ****ing week.
                              I dont agree with much of this. You cant compare two draft that were 8 years apart and its incorrect to say the Texans were clearly right to take Williams over Bush. Bush has been a pretty damn good pro- scoring over 50 career td's and his numbers were watered down in N.O because that team was famous for spreading the ball around. Also, not that its the be-all-end-all but Pro Footbal Reference has Bush's Career AV at 58 while Williams is slightly lower at 56.
                              Also you make it sound like Clowney himself doesnt have any red flags. Manziel would be the guy here, were it not for the injury concerns. Houston really needs a QB
                              Last edited by ATL-Eric; 03-01-2014, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X