Broncos were interested in Maclin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos were interested in Maclin

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Until WR Jeremy Maclin reached agreement with Philadelphia on a 1-year deal, Jets and Broncos were preparing to make a run at him.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/439500562661670912">February 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not sure what that means for Decker, but obviously were looking at an option that might come cheaper with big upside.

Decker wants a big contract. I think the Broncos need to make a run at Steve Smith and try to get him for Cheap. After the Panthers Cutt him or just draft a big WR
    Last edited by Punisher; 02-28-2014, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid A View Post
      Not sure what that means for Decker, but obviously were looking at an option that might come cheaper with big upside.
      Interesting that they were eyeballing Maclin. But this only further reinforces what has been obvious regarding Decker for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher View Post
        Decker wants a big contract. I think the Broncos need to make a run at Steve Smith and try to get him for Cheap. After the Panthers Cutt him or just draft a big WR
        how old is Smith? he is exactly the receiver I would pick that is the antithesis of passive Decker. He is a feisty little ****.

Comment

Maclin is a smaller WR than Decker. Maybe, they are looking at Welker's replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
            how old is Smith? he is exactly the receiver I would pick that is the antithesis of passive Decker. He is a feisty little ****.
            Playing with Manning and all the weapons around him i think will make him less b****y and hes 34

Comment

Smith isn't bitchy at all; he's straight gangster.

I think he'll probably want to retire with Carolina.

Comment

We may need to replace both Decker and Caldwell. I think it's very likely both are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
                  Smith isn't bitchy at all; he's straight gangster.

I think he'll probably want to retire with Carolina.
                  He's a fierce competitor, love his attitude!

Comment

They feel the need for speed

Comment

Originally posted by oubronco View Post
                      They feel the need for speed
                      This was my thought as well, they want someone with more speed than Decker

Comment

Originally posted by schaaf View Post
                        This was my thought as well, they want someone with more speed than Decker
                        I'll settle for a WR that doesn't constantly trip over himself

Comment

Why would a receiver take a one year show me deal before even seeing what the market was like? Maybe he just really wants to stay in Philly

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                            Why would a receiver take a one year show me deal before even seeing what the market was like? Maybe he just really wants to stay in Philly
                            Because of his injuries last couple of years, he knew no team was going to give him big money or long term deal. It's a prove it deal and going back to pass happy offense that he knows is good option to make more monies next season.

Comment

Emmanual Sanders.

Comment

Working...
                              X