Need recomendations for a nice place to take the parents for dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need recomendations for a nice place to take the parents for dinner

This June my parents will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. My sister and I wanted to take the family out for a nice dinner, so I am looking for some suggestions in the Denver area (or between Ft Collins and Denver) to go for the evening. My Mom likes The Brown Palace, so we thought of going there, or possibly John Elway's steak house.

Any other suggestions? It's their 50th, so I am not worried about price, and want to make it a memorable evening. We'll probably spend the day in Denver doing things that my Mom likes, like to zoo, or botanical gardens, etc. then end with a nice dinner.

TIA!

First in with Casa Bonita!

Comment

Shotgun Willy's

Comment

Been to both places (just not with Mom to Shotgun Willy's)!

Comment

Denny's has the Grand Slam menu, and a great seniors discount.

Or Casa Bonita.

Comment

Luca D'Italia- somalier on staff, ala carte Italian- it will cost ya, but the food and service is superb.

Barolo Grill- Same type food from what I have heard, I have a staff member who goes there quite often, and they east out at nice places ALOT

Fruition- I think this place in Boulder- I have not been, but a friend of mine who is a foodie raves about it.

Capital Grille- One of my favorite restaurants, classy but hip- I know its a chain, but the food and service is among the best for Steak Houses.

Id try Luca- it is just so consistent and so good, and everybody like Italian.

Comment

I really like TAG, Osteria Marco, Rioja, Bistro Vendome, Euchlid Hall, Table 6, and Potager for spots in Denver.

Comment

If you're goign to be in that area, Shells and Sauce is a nice option- Italian, a little more casual, but the food was really good. Its a little louder in there than other places, but it is a fun atmosphere.

Comment

Oh, you should also look into Vesta Dipping Grill

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
                    I really like TAG, Osteria Marco, Rioja, Bistro Vendome, Euchlid Hall, Table 6, and Potager for spots in Denver.
                    all great options. he could also try Linger or Root Down- more hip casual, but I like their cocktails and the food it typically local and seasonal. If she likes sushi, Id try Sushi Sasa as well....

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
                      Oh, you should also look into Vesta Dipping Grill
                      christ, you're making me hungry.

Comment

White Fence Farm!!!!!

Comment

Mighty Smurf, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                            Luca D'Italia- somalier on staff, ala carte Italian- it will cost ya, but the food and service is superb.

Barolo Grill- Same type food from what I have heard, I have a staff member who goes there quite often, and they east out at nice places ALOT

Fruition- I think this place in Boulder- I have not been, but a friend of mine who is a foodie raves about it.

Capital Grille- One of my favorite restaurants, classy but hip- I know its a chain, but the food and service is among the best for Steak Houses.

Id try Luca- it is just so consistent and so good, and everybody like Italian.
                            Its on 6th avenue between Downing and Franklin in Denver. I hear its amazing but ridiculously pricy.

I've got to say that the two best meals I have had recently in Denver were at Cholon (blake and 16th street) and Old Major.

Osteria Marco and Euclid Hall are also consistently good.

Comment

Been wanting to check out Old Major. Have heard great things.

Cholon Bistro, yeah? Have not tried that one yet either.

Had a great meal at Curtis Club for v-day, but service was lacking.

Comment

Working...
                              X