a-hole Cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
    Coming from the mother of a military son, I'm surprised to hear you say this.

And FWIW, I would argue that one becomes a TEACHER when they fail at everything else.

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."
    I was stating what someone else stated, and that, as years go by, I'm beginning to believe. My son, whom you refer to, believes in the law, lives by the law, but has seen the police over step their boundaries, and the law,on many occasions. So have I, although I have never been arrested or even given a ticket. Being a law abiding citizen and protecting the rights of those citizens does not make you blind to obstructions of justice.

That saying has many variations, Those who can, do. Those who can do more, teach. Those who can, do. Those who understand, teach. I don't know if there is a variation to the one the ex cop told me.

Let me guess, you are white, middle class.

Comment

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
      Here is a Video of the biggest dick head piece of **** cop to walk the earth. This happened in a little town right outside of where I grew up. The chief said he was justified. I would like to see them both hung myself.

Anyways WARNING A DOG GET SHOT IN THIS VIDEO AND THERE IS CUSSING.

The way he treats the guy is just unbelievable.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1O9GmUcp0Mo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:
      Can we please talk about this asshole now . He has earned his due.

Comment

Typical cop. Cops have way too much power for the little training they get.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
          Typical cop. Cops have way too much power for the little training they get.
          The dude shot a working dog, yelled at the owner for it being out. Then sited him, all the while it being at his sons Birthday party.
          Last edited by Quoydogs; 03-05-2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post
            Let me guess, you are white, middle class.
            Yup. White....upper middle class.

Why? Is that something I should be ashamed of? Is that even relevant to the thread?

Comment

Can we please talk about this a-hole now . He has earned his due.
              Why is he an a-hole for protecting himself? I mean I hate seeing animals mis-treated and all, but these two dogs were being aggressive from what I could tell.

Now at the same time, could this have been handled differently? I'm sure it could have. He could have tried to get the owner to come out and get the animals and whatnot.

But regardless, that dog is dead because it's owner is stupid for letting his dogs run around unleashed.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
                Why is he an a-hole for protecting himself? I mean I hate seeing animals mis-treated and all, but these two dogs were being aggressive from what I could tell.

Now at the same time, could this have been handled differently? I'm sure it could have. He could have tried to get the owner to come out and get the animals and whatnot.

But regardless, that dog is dead because it's owner is stupid for letting his dogs run around unleashed.
                Dogs didn't become aggressive until cop opened car door and yelled "GET!" Couldn't see it, but my guess is he kicked at them then too as he did later on camera. It initially looked like both dogs came up to the car all happy-tail wagging to see someone new.

Owner is responsible for having two dogs running around area unleashed, but sometimes dog's get out. A dog is pretty good at sensing emotion and if the first interaction it has with this guy is him yelling and kicking at them, they'll react protectively for themselves, their home and their owners.

I understand that as a cop who has been bit by a dog before this guy was leary. Good time to call animal control back-up… but it was a total set of unfortunate circumstances. I feel the worst for the dog.
                Last edited by Irish Stout; 03-05-2014, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post

Have you ever lived in a town like that. 1000 people. It's different and not uncommon for dogs to run around. That dogs tail was wagging when he shot him . The way he handled the owner should get him fired by its self. What he should have done in called Animal Control. Instead he decided to play GOD like most cops think they are and ended up killing a dog at a kids BIRTHDAY party .

Comment

Have you ever lived in a town like that. 1000 people. It's different and not uncommon for dogs to run around. That dogs tail was wagging when he shot him . The way he handled the owner should get him fired by its self. What he should have done in called Animal Control. Instead he decided to play GOD like most cops think they are and ended up killing a dog at a kids BIRTHDAY party .
                    A town around here that only holds 1000 people is located out in the boondox outside of city limits. Dogs that get aggressive in those areas will get shot 99 out of 100 times.

The dogs tail was wagging? Sounded like the dogs spent the majority of the time growling at him, and lounging at him.

You say he should have called in animal control. Who's to say that they weren't called? He admitted himself that he was called in to a group of dogs being out.

Originally posted by Irish Stout
                    but sometimes dog's get out.
                    The owner admitted to knowing that his dogs were out running around.

I'm sadden that a dog had to die over that incident, but two things that are facts happened.

1. The dogs were out running around not leashed with the owner knowing so.

2. The officer that was called in to deal with dogs running loose was met with dogs lounging at him and getting aggressive. It doesn't matter if he yelled at them when he opened the door.

In the end, a dog was killed because of it's stupid owner.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                      The law says that unless a police officer has a reasonable suspicion you have committed, will commit, or are committing a crime he can't stop you.

By setting up a checkpoint they violate the law and the constitution. Why not just say in order to make sure people aren't keeping sex slaves in basement, all people will have to submit to a once a yr home inspection. This will be to make sure there aren't dangerous conditions for kids, no sex slaves lol, no drug labs etc etc.

No the reason we don't do that is because in America you only get stopped, or searched if the police have a reason to suspect you are guilty of a crime.

Also these checkpoints do a lot more then just look for alcohol. Most of the arrests end up being for warrants. These checkpoints are about combing through the people to see what they are up to.
                      Checkpoints are a different matter from searches in the home. Their legality depends on local laws and how they are conducted. They are controversial, but they are not flatly illegal as you declare. The difference is operating a licensed vehicle on a public road.

I don't want them to overreach into our freedom any more than the next guy. But then, go figure -- I'm often told on the internet that I support dead children because I don't want the government to try and disarm the entire continent of North America. And the "no price is too high to pay if it saves one life" argument is trotted out.

Bottom line -- whether checkpoints are done is an interesting policy issue. Heck, maybe we shouldn't require licenses to drive. But if there is an encounter, each of us should be peaceful and reasonable, and help the officer get through it and do his job. Anything else is just being unreasonable.

Did we fight the Germans when they bombed Pearl Harbor just to have the freedom to crack our windows?

Comment

Working...
                      X