a-hole Cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronkota View Post
    It changed when law enforcement became a business. Cops need to write more tickets and make more arrests to hire more cops to do the same. In my town all cars need to be off the street at 2:00 am or you get ticket. Do the right thing and take a cab home from the bar and the cops give you ticket. Kinda crazy.
    Pass more laws, make more criminals.

Comment

What a dooshball. We lose 30 to 40 lives a day on the roads due to alcohol related accidents. The kid made their jobs as difficult as he could.

Part of what is being observed is whether the driver displays any unusual signs of possible alcohol -- poor decision-making, anti-social, not behaving or conversing like someone using the public roads with a deadly 4,000 hunk of steel.

His behavior was suspicious from the word go, and I'm thankful we've got officers willing to step into harms way to try and catch drunk drivers. When they walk up to that window, they need all the cooperation they can get in order to be safe.

Comment

Total Crap. Look it up. more people are gunned down by cops than are killed in the line of duty.
        and Even when they kill someone. odds are they pay NO price. go ahead show me otherwise

Comment

[QUOTE=Jay3;4065592]What a dooshball. We lose 30 to 40 lives a day on the roads due to alcohol related accidents. The kid made their jobs as difficult as he could.

Part of what is being observed is whether the driver displays any unusual signs of possible alcohol -- poor decision-making, anti-social, not behaving or conversing like someone using the public roads with a deadly 4,000 hunk of steel.

His behavior was suspicious from the word go, and I'm thankful we've got officers willing to step into harms way to try and catch drunk drivers. When they walk up to that window, they need all the cooperation they can get in order to be safe.[/QUOTE

The law says that unless a police officer has a reasonable suspicion you have committed, will commit, or are committing a crime he can't stop you.

By setting up a checkpoint they violate the law and the constitution. Why not just say in order to make sure people aren't keeping sex slaves in basement, all people will have to submit to a once a yr home inspection. This will be to make sure there aren't dangerous conditions for kids, no sex slaves lol, no drug labs etc etc.

No the reason we don't do that is because in America you only get stopped, or searched if the police have a reason to suspect you are guilty of a crime.

Also these checkpoints do a lot more then just look for alcohol. Most of the arrests end up being for warrants. These checkpoints are about combing through the people to see what they are up to.

Comment

so checkpoints are awesome.
            How about checkpoints for homes? Let cops into your home? Must be illegal drugs somewhere. in Your house!
            its for the greater Good ya know. have to get rid of drugs.

Comment

No the reason we don't do that is because in America you only get stopped, or searched if the police have a reason to suspect you are guilty of a crime.
              Must be nice to live in that world.
              ive seen cops lie their asses off right on the witness stand.

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo View Post
                Must be nice to live in that world.
                ive seen cops lie their asses off right on the witness stand.
                I oh i have also brother. Cops lie as much as criminals do from my experience. I don't know any attorneys or paralegals I work with who are niave enough to feel the police tell the truth.

If anyone is an ends justify the means type of thinker its a cop.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                  I'm sure there are some great cops out there.

At the same time, there are some extremely ****ty ones too. Varies by city, county, state.
                  The biggest problem is lack of civilian oversight and control and a police union that makes it tough for cops to get in any trouble for bad behavoir.

Comment

Ultimately, I will trust local law enforcement any day of the week and twice on Sundays over the feds. Sure, there are some problems with local law enforcement, they aren't perfect and in the bigger cities, they can be pretty corrupt (LA and Chicago come to mind) but overall, and in the big picture, I trust them. And, if and when you might need local law enforcement (you get robbed or your wife gets raped or whatever) you will stop b****ing about them and start loving them when you see they are on your side. It's extraordinary to me how many people complain about local law enforcement until they need them, and living in a "free" society, sooner or later you will be in contact with local law enforcement, either as a perp or as a victim. I'll be the first person here to criticize corrupt or bad law enforcement, but I also know that they have a tough job.

I don't trust the feds, period. Homeland Security is a joke. Eric Holder is a joke. Even the FBI is now an agency that I don't necessarily trust and it has everything to do with the powers that be in the District of Corruption. Anyone heard of the NSA, who is monitoring this website, and this post right now? Yah, that is something I fear, not the local law enforcement guy who makes $40k a year and has a wife and kids in the same school as my family.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                      TSA vetting process is a joke, but they are a private contractor of the fed gov.
                      You do know that TSA is not law enforcement? They have some LEO's and investigators in the agency but those folks you see screening you are glorified security guards. I also agree their vetting process is a joke.

Any employer that uses a lie detector is an employer not worth working for. The brightest and best go to wall street or the corporate world. Too bad law enforcement has its head up its ass and likes to play G.I Joe and hates science.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldcity76 View Post
                        I think the negative public perception of police officers is well deserved. Too much abuse of power and I tend to think the municipal governments are to blame. The hiring standards for police officers are a joke. Been to Iraq and have PTSD? Great! We'll hire you for patrol in Oakland, Ca. This way you can police a demographic you know nothing about...

Or here in Denver. Got a GED and no criminal record? Great! You're our boyscout! Now go police a city you never grew up in and wear that gun with pride! We don't need no stinking degree or life achievements! Forget the fact that you are a right winger with an ichy trigger! Or that you were never exposed to street life your GED should take care of that stuff!

FYI, I worked with DPD closely once upon a time in security and I was disgusted with what I saw...

I blame the vetting process to a large degree.
                        None of the people who know anything about people anymore want to be cops.

Comment

http://politicalblindspot.com/police...igh-iq-scores/

The ruling made public in September of the same year, with the ruling judge Peter C. Dorsey of the United States District Court in New Haven confirming that it was in fact the case that the plaintiff, Robert Jordan, 48, who has a bachelor’s degree in literature, was denied an opportunity to even interview for a job with the New London Police Department, solely because of his high test scores.

Judge Dorsey, however, ruled that Mr. Jordan that there was no protection offered to intelligent people from discriminatory hiring practices by individual police departments. Why? Because, Dorsey explained, it was proven that police departments held all to this same standard and thus rejected all applicants who scored high.

Comment

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...=68799&page=16

Several dozen stories/vidoes of cops being aholes.

Comment

Here's my take on it, however please keep in mind I come from a different country with different laws.

1. A lot of what "supposedly" happens with the police search, false trigger, not finding drugs is based on what the poster, who has a bias, leads us to believe. None of the conversation surrounding this takes place on video, it's only written on the screen.

2. Here at least, and it seems historically we have far more rights when it comes to unlawful search/seizure than you guys in the States do, being behind the wheel of an operating motor vehicle is enough for a cop to at least check your license. Was this portrayed accurately? Perhaps not with the whole what's your name, but at the end of the day I'm sure it's very similar that you have to produce a license if you're driving. Even if it's just long enough for the cop to ensure it's valid, they can do it.

3. All these Freeman of the Land, you can't stop us assholes, wonder why they get treated like dicks, because you act like ones. That's why you get treated like ****. I'm all for defending your rights, but this was nothing more than a blatant attempt to try and show up the cops. Guess what, it never works and it never will.

Comment

Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
                                Coming from the mother of a military son, I'm surprised to hear you say this.

And FWIW, I would argue that one becomes a TEACHER when they fail at everything else.

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."
                                Yep that's exactly why I went into teaching. Clearly not because I wanted to help shape the future of our country and want to help children who do not have all the opportunities that other children have in life, but because I was a failure. That quote is probably one of the most idiotic ones that has ever come along. To be a good teacher you have to understand what you are teaching. Teaching is just like any other profession. You have to be up to date on new information, new techniques, and adapt with the times or you fall behind. I also bet you can name one teacher in your life that made a difference to you and helped shape who you are today.

Comment

Working...
                                X