a-hole Cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
    Here is a Video of the biggest dick head piece of **** cop to walk the earth. This happened in a little town right outside of where I grew up. The chief said he was justified. I would like to see them both hung myself.

Anyways WARNING A DOG GET SHOT IN THIS VIDEO AND THERE IS CUSSING.

The way he treats the guy is just unbelievable.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1O9GmUcp0Mo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:
    No! That poor dog! Has anything come of this? He needs to be fired, at the very least! He provokes the dog into being aggressive, and then kills him when the dog responds to his provocation.

When he pulls into the neighborhood, he drives up right behind the yellow dog and blares his horn. It's obvious then that he was looking for trouble. Then, when he parks (at about :45), you can see the dark brown dog approach the car with his tail wagging - looking about as submissive as can be. It's not on camera, but I'm guessing the dog approached him in the same, submissive manner, when he opened his door. If he was in attack mode, you would have heard it from the second the door opens - yet the dog doesn't make any sound until he yelps in pain, apparently from getting kicked by the (likely small-penised) cop. So, a dog approaches you to greet you, and you kick him. What are you expecting him to do next?

Even then, the dog retreats to his yard. Of course, when he sees the guy that just kicked him in the face approaching, he starts barking. By that point, he's protecting his yard and his family against what he probably perceives to be real danger. But even then, it's not until the cop tries to kick him again that you start to hear real aggression in his bark.

My dogs are both completely passive. My English Bulldog looks like he could be mean (solid as a rock; under-bite that displays his lower canines; etc); but it takes all of two seconds to realize that he's just a handsome, loving puffalump! My dogs love everyone and everything! Even when they come face-to-face with the feral cats, frogs, mice, squirrels, etc that roam the open space around our house, they want nothing more than to play. That said, if they perceive any kind of aggression against "their people" (my son wrestling with a friend, for example), their demeanor changes - they immediately start growling and barking! That loyalty and protectiveness is part of what makes owning dogs so rewarding!

What happened in that video is despicable! And don't most cops carry pepper spray, or something similar? Shooting the poor dog was completely unnecessary. He should be fired (and prosecuted, IMO)!

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
      No! That poor dog! Has anything come of this? He needs to be fired, at the very least! He provokes the dog into being aggressive, and then kills him when the dog responds to his provocation.

When he pulls into the neighborhood, he drives up right behind the yellow dog and blares his horn. It's obvious then that he was looking for trouble. Then, when he parks (at about :45), you can see the dark brown dog approach the car with his tail wagging - looking about as submissive as can be. It's not on camera, but I'm guessing the dog approached him in the same, submissive manner, when he opened his door. If he was in attack mode, you would have heard it from the second the door opens - yet the dog doesn't make any sound until he yelps in pain, apparently from getting kicked by the (likely small-penised) cop. So, a dog approaches you to greet you, and you kick him. What are you expecting him to do next?

Even then, the dog retreats to his yard. Of course, when he sees the guy that just kicked him in the face approaching, he starts barking. By that point, he's protecting his yard and his family against what he probably perceives to be real danger. But even then, it's not until the cop tries to kick him again that you start to hear real aggression in his bark.

My dogs are both completely passive. My English Bulldog looks like he could be mean (solid as a rock; under-bite that displays his lower canines; etc); but it takes all of two seconds to realize that he's just a handsome, loving puffalump! My dogs love everyone and everything! Even when they come face-to-face with the feral cats, frogs, mice, squirrels, etc that roam the open space around our house, they want nothing more than to play. That said, if they perceive any kind of aggression against "their people" (my son wrestling with a friend, for example), their demeanor changes - they immediately start growling and barking! That loyalty and protectiveness is part of what makes owning dogs so rewarding!

What happened in that video is despicable! And don't most cops carry pepper spray, or something similar? Shooting the poor dog was completely unnecessary. He should be fired (and prosecuted, IMO)!
      To answer your question NOPE ! They had a rally and the cheif said it was justified and nothing happened. The same cop was in a shooting a few years before and that was a bit shady too.

It happened in Filer Idaho just south of Boise.

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
        You're lucky he didn't shoot him (see below).

The police department for one of the largest SLC suburbs out here has had some corruption issues that have come to light over the last few years. Last year, they completely disbanded their drug unit, and the DA decided to dismiss charges on all of the arrests that were made over the last several months the unit was active. For about a year, it was like a keystone cops skit - about once a week, every bit of news that came out was more ridiculous and embarrassing than the last. The culmination of it all was when they shot and killed an unarmed young woman. It was also the city where Susan Powell was last seen - a high profile case where a young mother disappeared, and all signs pointed to her creepy husband. The police department, quite predictably, mishandled the investigation for a couple years. Eventually, the husband killed himself and his two young sons.

I, like most of you, grew up believing that all cops were the good guys - what a joke. There are obviously a lot of truly wonderful, honorable men and women who serve in the law enforcement community. The apologists like to say that it's just a few bad seeds that tarnish the squeaky-clean images of the majority - the majority being "the good guys." I still believe that the majority probably are decent people; but it's not the overwhelming majority. There are just too many stories for the corruption to just be an isolated problem.

I hope people continue to keep their cell phone cameras at the ready. It's high time that these cockroaches are exposed.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/a9fCK6Y0bu4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
        Nah, Dom, he wasn't gonna shoot the mutt. I was in the driver seat at the time holding the dog back. He was just startled. Shell on the truck, nighttime, he couldn't see into the cab until he got to the driver window and as soon as the Lab saw him she came charging across.

He was decent about it, even chuckled himself when he recovered from the shock. I didn't particularly like his first question, which was "What were you doing at the park?" I could take it two ways, one, just a conversational item like a friend would ask, two, an interrogatory. Being the cool, suave, sophisticated man I am I took it as a friendly question seeings how he took the joke well with the dog thing.

Comment

I'm sure there are some great cops out there.

At the same time, there are some extremely ****ty ones too. Varies by city, county, state.

Comment

I think the negative public perception of police officers is well deserved. Too much abuse of power and I tend to think the municipal governments are to blame. The hiring standards for police officers are a joke. Been to Iraq and have PTSD? Great! We'll hire you for patrol in Oakland, Ca. This way you can police a demographic you know nothing about...

Or here in Denver. Got a GED and no criminal record? Great! You're our boyscout! Now go police a city you never grew up in and wear that gun with pride! We don't need no stinking degree or life achievements! Forget the fact that you are a right winger with an ichy trigger! Or that you were never exposed to street life your GED should take care of that stuff!

FYI, I worked with DPD closely once upon a time in security and I was disgusted with what I saw...

I blame the vetting process to a large degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldcity76 View Post
              I think the negative public perception of police officers is well deserved. Too much abuse of power and I tend to think the municipal governments are to blame. The hiring standards for police officers are a joke. Been to Iraq and have PTSD? Great! We'll hire you for patrol in Oakland, Ca. This way you can police a demographic you know nothing about...

Or here in Denver. Got a GED and no criminal record? Great! You're our boyscout! Now go police a city you never grew up in and wear that gun with pride! We don't need no stinking degree or life achievements! Forget the fact that you are a right winger with an ichy trigger! Or that you were never exposed to street life your GED should take care of that stuff!

FYI, I worked with DPD closely once upon a time in security and I was disgusted with what I saw...

I blame the vetting process to a large degree.
              actually, you are pretty wrong. I live in a town where law enforcement is a hard job to get into and they screen the crap out of potential candidates. They do an extensive, super extensive background check, then give you a psych test, then put you through multiple interviews, then give you a damn hard physical to pass before you join.

Many people want these jobs because while the pay MAY not be the greatest while starting out, the benefits are fantastic and the ability to advance and earn more money while getting a great retirement package at the end of your service, it's a pretty sweet deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                actually, you are pretty wrong. I live in a town where law enforcement is a hard job to get into and the screen they crap out of potential candidates. They do an extensive, super extensive background check, then give you a psych test, then put you through multiple interviews, then give you a damn hard physical to pass before you join.

Many people want these jobs because while the pay MAY not be the greatest while starting out, the benefits are fantastic and the ability to advance and earn more money while getting a great retirement package at the end of your service, it's a pretty sweet deal.
                You completely missed my point. The vetting process is highly flawed. You think a psych test is a good idea? You do realize that criminal behavior is not based on mental disorders but anti-social behavior? And such behavior can develop after exposure to other anti-social behaviors i.e. when an officer has been on the job for a while

So if you hire a police officer based on a military screening you get a soldier you don not get a peace officer. You get someone that lacks exposure to the community he/she will police. You get a very poorly educated individual.

That's the problem. The vetting process is the anti-thesis of what community policing or other models attempt to do.

And public perception says modern day police departments have failed. Public perception is the measure of any governmental organization.

Comment

When did law enforcement change from protect and serve to everyone is guilty?

Comment

You completely missed my point. The vetting process is highly flawed. You think a psych test is a good idea? You do realize that criminal behavior is not based on mental disorders but anti-social behavior? And such behavior can develop after exposure to other anti-social behaviors i.e. when an officer has been on the job for a while

So if you hire a police officer based on a military screening you get a soldier you don not get a peace officer. You get someone that lacks exposure to the community he/she will police. You get a very poorly educated individual.

That's the problem. The vetting process is the anti-thesis of what community policing or other models attempt to do.

And public perception says modern day police departments have failed. Public perception is the measure of any governmental organization.
                    maybe that's the way they do it for the TSA, but not necessarily for all local law enforcement. I'm saying that you are making a glittering generality for all non-fed law enforcement and it's simply not true.

sure, we see the occasional abuse like the vids posted in this thread, but out of the countless thousands of arrests and/or contact with citizens that are made on a daily basis by local law enforcement, it's pretty amazing that more stuff like this is not reported.

the police don't have the easiest jobs in the world, they are constantly dealing with the lowest dregs of humanity and yes, it can taint their ability to sometimes be reasonable. However, this is the case with everyone. You get exposed to injustice and bad behavior over and over and over again and it can rub off on you.

Comment

Here is evidence to back up the claim that the police vetting process is highly flawed:

Instruments police departments use that are not scientific valid test instruments:

Polygraph

APA says no valid
                      http://www.apa.org/monitor/julaug04/polygraph.aspx

Voice-stress analyzer

Not valid among scientist
                      http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/669.aspx

Interrogation method most popular - Reid technique

Used in police interview and interrogation - not valid and pseudoscience
                      http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...act_id=1474813

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                        maybe that's the way they do it for the TSA, but not necessarily for all local law enforcement. I'm saying that you are making a glittering generality for all non-fed law enforcement and it's simply not true.

sure, we see the occasional abuse like the vids posted in this thread, but out of the countless thousands of arrests and/or contact with citizens that are made on a daily basis by local law enforcement, it's pretty amazing that more stuff like this is not reported.

the police don't have the easiest jobs in the world, they are constantly dealing with the lowest dregs of humanity and yes, it can taint their ability to sometimes be reasonable. However, this is the case with everyone. You get exposed to injustice and bad behavior over and over and over again and it can rub off on you.
                        See post above. And explain why public perception is so bad.

FYI, vetting process for Federal LEO is much higher and does not apply to this debate.

Comment

Here is evidence to back up the claim that the police vetting process is highly flawed:

Instruments police departments use that are not scientific valid test instruments:

Polygraph

APA says no valid
                          http://www.apa.org/monitor/julaug04/polygraph.aspx

Voice-stress analyzer

Not valid among scientist
                          http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/669.aspx

Interrogation method most popular - Reid technique

Used in police interview and interrogation - not valid and pseudoscience
                          http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...act_id=1474813
                          oh yah, the polygraph test too, I forgot about that. I know the back ground check is pretty insane, they go all the way back to your childhood. I know people who have been through this process and it takes a lot of time.

Comment

See post above. And explain why public perception is so bad.

FYI, vetting process for Federal LEO is much higher and does not apply to this debate.
                            TSA vetting process is a joke, but they are a private contractor of the fed gov.

Comment

Originally posted by alkemical View Post
                              About the time Bloomberg started his stop and frisk I New York

Comment

Originally posted by alkemical View Post
                                It changed when law enforcement became a business. Cops need to write more tickets and make more arrests to hire more cops to do the same. In my town all cars need to be off the street at 2:00 am or you get ticket. Do the right thing and take a cab home from the bar and the cops give you ticket. Kinda crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X