a-hole Cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
    It was totally unnecessary, the kid probably just got out of his liberal political science class at the local junior college. The kid was a total dick and the cops were a-holes.
    I tend to cut Cops a little slack, it can be a stressful, dangerous thankless job. Of the interations I have had with police, mostly traffic related, I extend a little respect and courtesy to make their job easier, they tend to make it easy for me. I tend to believe many people bring out the asshole cop because of their behavior.

That is cop is gonna ask have you been drinking tonight, where you coming from and where are you heading. While not obligated to answer those questions, is getting into it with a cop for no reason worth your time and effort? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
      Oh cool, I always drink before I drive...that way it's not drinking AND driving.
      The weed is so good nowdays I don't really want to drive while high. For me smoking is something i do after the day is done, kicking back etc etc. I'm not a big drive around getting stoned while the day is young type. Still I drive great stoned it's just all these OG Kush strains put me to sleep.

Can't get anything done on this ****. Dabs? Don't get me started that **** needs to be illegal forever lol.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
        I tend to cut Cops a little slack, it can be a stressful, dangerous thankless job. Of the interations I have had with police, mostly traffic related, I extend a little respect and courtesy to make their job easier, they tend to make it easy for me. I tend to believe many people bring out the a-hole cop because of their behavior.

That is cop is gonna ask have you been drinking tonight, where you coming from and where are you heading. While not obligated to answer those questions, is getting into it with a cop for no reason worth your time and effort? I think not.
        It's worth it to me to not answer. I never answer. I will answer the question do i have a weapon in the car, am i insured, registered, a legal driver etc.

What i won't do is say where I have been, where I am going. This is friggin Soviet Russia and the govt has no reason to care where I am going, where I went. I am free to explore our country without doing that. We are Americans.

Comment

What if I am on my way from a super secret anti govt meeting?

Comment

Your papers Mr Sprauge? I'm sorry but these papers are not in order.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
              The kid was being a dick, so the cops one upped him by being even bigger *****. Sure kid, you're right, and now your car is being ransacked. Was it really worth it? He's lucky that the cops didn't plant anything on him.
              This.

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post
                Like an ex cop told me, you become a cop when you've failed at everything else.
                Coming from the mother of a military son, I'm surprised to hear you say this.

And FWIW, I would argue that one becomes a TEACHER when they fail at everything else.

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."

Comment

I have some friends who got great grades, are smart, and are cops. One friend talked about being a cop since we were in the 4th grade.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                    The Supreme Court screwed us when they ruled DUI checkpoints, Smog Checkpoints, Registration Checkpoints were not unreasonable searches.
                    I've traveled around quite a bit, and New Mexico is the only place I've ever seen the entire interstate shut down both directions for a DUI checkpoint. I-40 in the middle of nowhere about 2200 hrs.

Now, there's that INS checkpoint on I-5 across Camp Pendleton between San Diego and Orange County, but that's an immigration checkpoint. Funny story (sort of), I was stopped at that checkpoint one night waiting for the INS guys to wave people ahead of me through, I look in my side mirror and there's a car flying up, he's not stopping I can tell. The INS guy is talking to a driver in a nice '65 Mustang and this car just slams right into the rear end of the Mustang.

INS guy I could see all the blood drain out of his face. One moment he's bent over talking to the driver, next moment both cars have gone flying by him and he's covered with glass and plastic. I watch his face, and the blood comes back into it and he's pissed. He went from white-faced to red-faced in about one second. He roars up the road, tries to get the drunks driver door open to beat the crap out of him, it's jammed and he tries to yank him out the window. No luck, seatbelt. So he rips around to the passenger side and gets that door open, he is PISSED. Yanks the drunk out and starts beating him with the flashlight. Took three other INS guys to pull him off of the drunk. In that case, I didn't have a problem with the officer dishing out a good beating. That poor slob in the Mustang was in bad shape... . .

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                      I tend to cut Cops a little slack, it can be a stressful, dangerous thankless job. Of the interations I have had with police, mostly traffic related, I extend a little respect and courtesy to make their job easier, they tend to make it easy for me. I tend to believe many people bring out the a-hole cop because of their behavior.

Your point is reasonable and valid. But let me reverse your question. Is not answering those questions a reasonable justification for a police officer to put you through the proverbial wringer - or worse, to actually rough you up?

I'm not talking about them pulling you over because you were weaving. I'm talking about a situation like the one in the video, where they are talking to you by way of a routine stop. You have given them no reason to believe that you've done anything illegal. You just, for whatever reason, don't want to talk with them, more than that which is absolutely necessary.

It's a bit troublesome to me, when I see something like this happen. Police officers are given a lot of power - a scary and dangerous power, when you think about it. The potential to abuse this power could be tempting. In my opinion, as difficult as their job may be, they have to avoid even the appearance of being willing to abuse their power. That means turning the other cheek, when an otherwise law-abiding citizen is being a bit of a prick. Because when you think about it, they are the ones on the front lines of protecting the Constitution. And in governments where people's rights are violated, the "police" are on the front lines, on the side of the abusing party.

Comment

It's the right of every citizen to record police actions. It's a two way street. The police say "if you have nothing to hide, why oppose a search?" If they want to play that game then, if the police have nothing to hide, why oppose citizens recording their actions?

Comment

Here is a Video of the biggest dick head piece of **** cop to walk the earth. This happened in a little town right outside of where I grew up. The chief said he was justified. I would like to see them both hung myself.

Anyways WARNING A DOG GET SHOT IN THIS VIDEO AND THERE IS CUSSING.

The way he treats the guy is just unbelievable.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1O9GmUcp0Mo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:

Comment

The kid admitted that the only reason he went through the checkpoint was to see if he could exercise his rights. The kid edited his video to make the cops look worse. He sounded more nervous and polite behind the car in the 2nd video. He also lied in his video because the dog smelled something. He had shake in his door handle and seeds in the passenger seat. I found the unedited video when I searched for this story to see what happened to the cops. The dog smelled weed, and that gave them probable cause to search. They also found two Budweiser caps in the backseat. The kid whined, "but I don't even drink beer, especially not Budweiser." lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                              How is this any different than the TSA? If you are for that dog and pony show, surely you don't mind trading constitutional rights for safety from drunk drivers. You are infinitely more likely to be killed by a drunk driver than by a squad of flying jihadists.
                              The TSA is worse. They don't need probable cause.

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post
                                Your point is reasonable and valid. But let me reverse your question. Is not answering those questions a reasonable justification for a police officer to put you through the proverbial wringer - or worse, to actually rough you up?

I'm not talking about them pulling you over because you were weaving. I'm talking about a situation like the one in the video, where they are talking to you by way of a routine stop. You have given them no reason to believe that you've done anything illegal. You just, for whatever reason, don't want to talk with them, more than that which is absolutely necessary.

It's a bit troublesome to me, when I see something like this happen. Police officers are given a lot of power - a scary and dangerous power, when you think about it. The potential to abuse this power could be tempting. In my opinion, as difficult as their job may be, they have to avoid even the appearance of being willing to abuse their power. That means turning the other cheek, when an otherwise law-abiding citizen is being a bit of a prick. Because when you think about it, they are the ones on the front lines of protecting the Constitution. And in governments where people's rights are violated, the "police" are on the front lines, on the side of the abusing party.
                                Yeah, there's some abuse of power and "Code of Silence" that happens. A few years ago a Thornton, CO cop got fired because he basically hunted down and killed a burglar he saw burglarizing his mother's house.

I remember one time seeing some cops roughing up a bum in an alley, just toying with the bum. He was harmless, just happened to be sleeping it off in an alley, but they were like cats playing with a mouse. I didn't like it and said so, they tried to get tough with me but that wasn't gonna work. They came after me but I have a nice backpedal I used and got out of their range and they didn't pursue.

I guess it's a tough job, sometimes they CAN'T beat the piss out of the guys that deserve it, and the frustrations come out in other areas.

Comment

Working...
                                X