No announcement yet.

a-hole Cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a Highway Patrol video of the same interaction. It captures what they were saying behind the car.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GHj6PqWiPZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

How is this any different than the TSA? If you are for that dog and pony show, surely you don't mind trading constitutional rights for safety from drunk drivers. You are infinitely more likely to be killed by a drunk driver than by a squad of flying jihadists.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
        I have a packet i hand to cops that instructs them my lawyer has advised me to not answer any law enforcement questions without him present.

It also has insurance, drivers license, registration and my medical marijuana card. Cops hate it but as Americans we don't have to tell the police where we are going, what is in my car, where am i coming from. It's none of his business unless the cop has a reasonable suspicion of a crime.

It's all unconstitutional.
        Having a "legal" prescription for marijuana does not mean you can drive while under its influence. Handing over your medicinal marijuana card is like handing over a prescription for Xanax or Lortab. I wouldn't do it unless it came to the point of arrest for possession. Seems like that would be probable cause to suspect DUI, at which point you are no longer free to go.

Comment

Lawyers will leave out information, or try and get a jury to come up with a new way of looking at evidence, try to confuse them etc etc. Rarely though do they outright lie or help a client lie.
          Holy balls.

Comment

eh-- Kid was purposely egging the cops on. All the cops do was delay his destination point after he wasn't cooperative. If this video was trying to highlight police misconduct than it was not too shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
              Having a "legal" prescription for marijuana does not mean you can drive while under its influence. Handing over your medicinal marijuana card is like handing over a prescription for Xanax or Lortab. I wouldn't do it unless it came to the point of arrest for possession. Seems like that would be probable cause to suspect DUI, at which point you are no longer free to go.
              it's in there for my trips to and from the local pot shops. I don't smoke while driving so nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                Holy balls.
                It's like people who think Doctors will lie about **** to save a hospital from getting sued.....Oh wait we see that all the time.

Comment

I've been on both sides of this. Practiced law for many years before joining the state police. The kid was absolutely incorrect in many of the written statements in the video. Sometimes a little knowledge of the law is worse than none at all. Checkpoints are not randomly set up willy-nilly. They are in response to offense rates in certain areas. You absolutely can demand the window be rolled down enough to determine if you smell, or see, alcohol or narcotics and can identify the subject whom you are dealing with (for officer safety reasons if for none other). His age is relevant regarding alcohol consumption. By refusing to roll down the window or identify himself, the kid brought this on himself. A high majority of the time, when a subject refuses to roll down the window or identify themselves, they are attempting to conceal criminal activity. My experience has found this to be the case in every instance. If you have nothing to hide, don't act like you do.

Comment

Originally posted by oubronco View Post
                    Cops think they are above the law always have and always will
                    Generalizations are frowned upon by our society until the subject of police is brought up.

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
                      Generalizations are frowned upon by our society until the subject of police is brought up.
                      What the hell are you talking about? All people do is generalize... Especially on this forum full of some of the biggest idiots in the nation.

Comment

Here's a handy little info graphic:
                        Attached Files

Comment

it's in there for my trips to and from the local pot shops. I don't smoke while driving so nothing to worry about.
                          Oh cool, I always drink before I drive...that way it's not drinking AND driving.

Comment

Kid wanted this **** to happen. If he rolls down the window it's probable that none of this happens. Cop likewise was an idiot for going to the levels that he did.

Comment

You got to love top-down logic……

The man in the video is an A-Hole.
                              The man in the video is a Cop.
                              Therefore all cops are A-Holes

The man and woman in the video are child abusers and meth heads...
                              The man and woman in the video are parents.
                              Therefore all parents are child abusers and meth heads

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kelly_Thomas

Comment

Working...
                                X