Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos to replace Beadles in-house if he walks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos to replace Beadles in-house if he walks?

According to good old Legwold, that may well be the plan.

He reckons we will move Franklin to LG and give Clark a shot at RT, Broncos are pretty high on Painter as well for depth at this point and a future starter at RT.

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...adles-moves-on

Kinda figured it'll go down like that. Could create a nasty interior o-line in the run game.

Comment

eddie mac first thought of this in his crazy draft/ FA game... (well maybe not first, but first place I saw it...)

AND I LOVE IT!!

Franklin will be great inside, and Clark had an amazing year. I think our OL can be even better next year

Comment

I was hoping they would do just this. Franklin to left guard I would love to see.

Comment

They are not going to move Franklin to G. He is one of the best RT's in the NFL.

Comment

As much as I love Beadles the guy.... and the player.... this seems like the best team move.

Beadles will command a pretty decent payday for a guard, and Clark filled in for Clady quite nicely.

I'd still prefer Clady-Beadles-Manram-Vasquez-Franklin....

But Clady-Franklin-Manram-Vasquez-Clark is adequate and way more cap friendly.

Comment

I just posted this earlier, I absolutely hate the idea of Franklin playing LG. The Superbowl exposed Clark for what he is, a back-up. It's so difficult to find good tackles in the NFL, and Franklin has really progressed well. Why move him to Guard, creating a hole at RT? There will be options available in free agency and the draft to play LG.

While Clark filled in admirably for Clady all year, he's not strong enough to play RT. he's under a reasonable contract, and you can't have enough quality depth, leave him as our swing tackle and depth. Leave Franklin at RT and find a LG in free agency or the draft.

Comment

it won't be Franklin moving inside. it is going to be Clark taking Beadles spot. Tackle is harder to replace than a Guard and Clark has the versatility to move inside. Add in this offense uses a pulling Guard a lot and Clark is better suited to do that than Franklin.

Comment

Just fyi, this topic was started earlier today in another thread...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...7&postcount=59

Comment

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
                    I just posted this earlier, I absolutely hate the idea of Franklin playing LG. The Superbowl exposed Clark for what he is, a back-up. It's so difficult to find good tackles in the NFL, and Franklin has really progressed well. Why move him to Guard, creating a hole at RT? There will be options available in free agency and the draft to play LG.

While Clark filled in admirably for Clady all year, he's not strong enough to play RT. he's under a reasonable contract, and you can't have enough quality depth, leave him as our swing tackle and depth. Leave Franklin at RT and find a LG in free agency or the draft.
                    Not trying to be abrasive here, but Franklin got his ass handed to him all night. That was the #1 biggest surprise of the game for me - Franklin getting driven back into Manning's throwing space all game. Hopefully it was just a bad game because Orlando did an exceptional job this year, but he got whipped plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post
                      Not trying to be abrasive here, but Franklin got his ass handed to him all night. That was the #1 biggest surprise of the game for me - Franklin getting driven back into Manning's throwing space all game. Hopefully it was just a bad game because Orlando did an exceptional job this year, but he got whipped plain and simple.
                      Yeah he did, but he has really developed into a very good RT. it's unfortunate that he picked the biggest game of the year to have a bad game, but that's no reason to move him inside. Clark is not strong enough to play RT. He's under a reasonable contract and can be a quality back up.

Comment

Clark proved to be more than a back up IMO

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                          Clark proved to be more than a back up IMO
                          Peyton Manning Effect.

Comment

Peyton Manning Effect.
                            good thing we have Peyton Manning

Comment

2-gap

Comment

Working...
                              X