Darrell Revis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darrell Revis?

I heard there's talk about the Bucs trading him. (new GM and coach) Also, Lovie loves the Cover 2 which involves a lot a zone, so Revis's strongest skillset would probably go to waste there.

How much would you be willing to give up in order to get him?
    Last edited by BroncoSojia; 02-26-2014, 05:23 PM.

They may outright cut him, they may hang on to him. We can't give up much, given his enormous cap figure, we would need him to rework his deal.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSojia View Post
      I heard there's talk about the Bucs trading him. (new GM and coach) Also, Lovie loves the Cover 2 which involves a lot a zone, so Revis's strongest skillset would probably go to waste there.

How much would you be willing to give up in order to get him?
      One million dollars!

Comment

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
        They may outright cut him, they may hang on to him. We can't give up much, given his enormous cap figure, we would need him to rework his deal.
        If we can pay Champ 10 mil a year, we can pay Revis up to 12-13 mil a year, but you're right we're going to have to bring that number down some.

He's still relatively young, I wouldn't mind giving up maybe a 2nd for him.

Comment

If we can pay Champ 10 mil a year, we can pay Revis up to 12-13 mil a year, but you're right we're going to have to bring that number down some.

He's still relatively young, I wouldn't mind giving up maybe a 2nd for him.
          a 2nd AND 12-13 million in compensation is way too much

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
            a 2nd AND 12-13 million in compensation is way too much
            If he's as good as he was with the jets, he's worth it IMO.

We're not going to find a CB anywhere near as good as Revis in the first, let alone with a late 2nd round pick.

Comment

When Revis us healthy, and playing man coverage, he's the best CB in the NFL, by far!

He's set to count $16 million against the cap. We cannot pay a CB that much even with the rise in the salary cap. I would absolutely pay Revis $12 million per year. I would also be willing to give up a pick for him, if we could sign him to a long term deal, say 4 years $48 million. Your right we aren't going to find a second round CB that will play as good as Revis will right now, at least not right away even if that draft pick does pan out.

If I'm choosing Revis for $12 million a season and surrendering a second-third round draft pick, or DRC @ $10 million a year, I'm choosing Revis.

Comment

If he's as good as he was with the jets, he's worth it IMO.

We're not going to find a CB anywhere near as good as Revis in the first, let alone with a late 2nd round pick.
                his talent in a vacuum and you are probably right. but he's had the knee, and before that it seemed like he was in perpetual conflict w/ management over his contract. he's an elite CB no doubt. better than what the draft will likely produce, but there are some red flags. The contract itself isn't a huge issue, but i have a hard time giving up an early round pick along with the contract for a player with the aforementioned issues. it's not a stretch to give it up for him, but i guess i'm more risk averse and would rather grab an upper-tier FA CB and keep the 2nd rounder.

Comment

I'm all for trading for him. Bucs surrendered a #13 overall pick and a comp pick this year. If Revis is on the Bucs roster by March 13th, they owe the Jets a 3rd round pick. If not, they owe a 4th round pick. His contract isn't guaranteed with Tampa, so a new deal would happen if he came here. He still has some years left in him and I'd rather have Revis over DRC.

Comment

I don't really see the Bucs letting him go without first attempting to see how he will play in a cover 2. Wouldn't shock me to see them tweak their cover 2 a bit to allow Revis some freelance ability.

Comment

After conversations with coach Lovie Smith, the Tampa Tribune doesn't see the Bucs trading Darrelle Revis.

"We’re primarily going to be a man team," Smith said. "Whether we win or lose is going to be based on how we play man coverage." That's Revis' strong suit. Smith is going to adapt his defense to his players' skill set, as opposed to forcing a square peg (Revis) into a round hole (zone coverage). While teams may have been feeling out the Bucs and their intentions for Revis, we can't see them dealing the best cornerback in the game unless they're blown away by an offer.

Roy Cummings on Twitter

Feb 26 - 1:38 PM

Comment

Originally posted by DBroncos4life View Post
                        After conversations with coach Lovie Smith, the Tampa Tribune doesn't see the Bucs trading Darrelle Revis.

"We’re primarily going to be a man team," Smith said. "Whether we win or lose is going to be based on how we play man coverage." That's Revis' strong suit. Smith is going to adapt his defense to his players' skill set, as opposed to forcing a square peg (Revis) into a round hole (zone coverage). While teams may have been feeling out the Bucs and their intentions for Revis, we can't see them dealing the best cornerback in the game unless they're blown away by an offer.

Roy Cummings on Twitter

Feb 26 - 1:38 PM
                        Makes sense, Frazier is a great DC, Lovie is great at coaching D as well so it makes sense to be flexible and utilize the personnel.
                        Plus it eliminates the need for a CB early in the draft or a top tier one in FA.
                        They have a lot of young and talented pieces in Tampa.
                        The issues they have to fix are on O. They need a QB and a WR to pair with Jackson.

Comment

Very Few CB's stay on top for long (3,4) years max it seems to me. That's why champ deserves his acclaim. I like Revis' prior talent but i think he peaked and is on his way down, albeit early due to the Knee injury. 6-8 million, i'd take a shot at him, over 10, i'd rather pass. he's gonna get 10m+.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
                            Very Few CB's stay on top for long (3,4) years max it seems to me. That's why champ deserves his acclaim. I like Revis' prior talent but i think he peaked and is on his way down, albeit early due to the Knee injury. 6-8 million, i'd take a shot at him, over 10, i'd rather pass. he's gonna get 10m+.
                            Yeah he was hands down the best man corner in football last year, especially when he was finally given the opportunity to play man. He played in zone far too often early in the year, which doesn't showcase his ability to shutdown a WR.

Comment

Working...
                            X