20 years later , Bill Hicks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 years later , Bill Hicks.

20 years ago today stand up comic Bill Hicks passed. One of my hero's and borderline prophet in humor .
    He would have **** if he lived to see the 20 years after his death. So many things he joked about like killing Billy Ray Cyrus and american gladiators was just foreshadowing of things he wouldn't live to see.

But anyway here is a link to a story about 20 years after Bill and a link to a couple of full shows for those who never seen him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/patton...b_4860527.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRoT...e_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUJ_...e_gdata_player

Awesome. Thanks!

Comment

I tremendously enjoyed the documentary about Bill Hicks, “American: The Bill Hicks Story.”

Just a tremendous production and an amazing insight into a comedic genius.

Comment

Hicks, carlin, and Robert Anton Wilson were my biggest philosophical influences.

Comment

Hicks is one of my heroes.

You can learn a lot about a person by their response to his material.

Comment

Dennis Leary stole his whole persona and act, but doesn't do it near as well. Hey Dennis! Running out of material yet?

I'm sure Hicks would have had a field day with the Obama administration and all his flip flopping.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
              Dennis Leary stole his whole persona and act, but doesn't do it near as well. Hey Dennis! Running out of material yet?

I'm sure Hicks would have had a field day with the Obama administration and all his flip flopping.
              I learned this a few years ago, can't stand him now.

He's like a Chinese knock-off Hicks, made out of ****ty plastic and cigarettes.

Comment

Just glad a few other here enjoy Bill..Because of how dark he is sometimes I feel I'm out on a edge beyond the ledge in being a fan of him .

And yes Housh you sure can tell a lot by if a person likes Hicks or if they even understand him. I've had friends who I let listen to bill before and you can tell they just ain't smart enough or open enough for his humor and need some carrot top or some dick jokes.

I'm not saying Bill is for everyone and understand he is a little much for some . But i never heard a comic who holds a mirror up to the world and then makes you laugh at the flaws and maybe learn from them other than bill .

Comment

He'd be a Colorado resident if he were alive today.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qZqYV9KKOZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll check out a few of his full shows on youtube. He was pretty good from the stuff I've seen so far.

Comment

Originally posted by spdirty View Post
                    He'd be a Colorado resident if he were alive today.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qZqYV9KKOZQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll check out a few of his full shows on youtube. He was pretty good from the stuff I've seen so far.
                    Those 2 links in my first post are about his best 2 shows both full.
                    Enjoy spdirty.

Comment

He really went out of his way to make people laugh by illustrating the ironic. Smoking, for example... I'm still laughing at that one.

Comment

Even when he's saying things I disagree with, his style, insight, and capacity for incisive criticism are both fascinating and illuminating. He had a special way to take his thoughts on the world and deliver them in a way that opened up the thinking of his hearers. That's a rare and precious gift.

Comment

I love comedy but don't elevate it like some of you are. They don't really change the world, only make fun of how ironic, sadistic, foolish, mean, unfair, ridiculous it can be.

He was good at it though, very good. Most stand ups aren't even funny. Some of them you feel sorry for watching. Makes you wonder if the crowd is on mandatory marijuana lol.

Comment

Originally posted by goldengopher1976 View Post
                            Even when he's saying things I disagree with, his style, insight, and capacity for incisive criticism are both fascinating and illuminating. He had a special way to take his thoughts on the world and deliver them in a way that opened up the thinking of his hearers. That's a rare and precious gift.

Totally agree with bolded... I don't agree with e everything he says but its how he says it and the humor he finds in it.
                            Last edited by TDmvp; 02-27-2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X