Sell Your Utility Stocks and Buy Tesla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell Your Utility Stocks and Buy Tesla

Looks like we might be able to save the planet after all.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrogo...ty-industries/

I love Tesla. Signs is one of my favorite songs.

Comment

Just don't plug it into an outlet that isn't yours. Otherwise you'll get arrested for stealing electricity.

Comment

Elon Musk is giving the middle finger to everyone.

Love that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
          I love Tesla. Signs is one of my favorite songs.
          not a tesla song( cover)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uYsBDmqJfjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tesla-modern day cowboy

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/avAvkdYa3qM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

“Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful”

-Some Dude

TSLA was good stock to buy when it was $33 last year. It's over $250 now.

Comment

I prefered this one:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9vwHuCC6nP8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was a good one as well:
              <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/l2q_-xN2N54?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I admire the risks Musk took, he nearly went bust between Tesla and Space X but he made it work and didn't have to sell his house to cover Tesla's early losses.

Comment

Tesla has never made a profit. They had a couple quarters with a posted profit, but what average people forget to account for is that $60M of their quarterly revenue was from selling tax credits to other auto makers. Obviously not a sustainable business model, unless they sell a lot more vehicles.

The only problem with EV's is battery technology. Replacing a battery pack for $10,000 every 100k miles is simply not cost effective. Until that changes, EV's will never be as cheap as a gas car. Of course, if you can afford to pay $70,000 for a Tesla, you probably don't care. I'm an EE who used to work in the industry, but was laid off because my company only had 2 profitable quarters in it's 30 year history (due to gov grants).

Comment

I'm not saying don't buy Tesla stock. The stock market is a funny, and heavily manipulated thing. Tesla's own balance sheet reflects massive government influence. You just better do some research before you get involved.

I can also guarantee you that the entire extent of the OP's knowledge about electricity consists of little more than being able to turn on and of a light switch.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                    I'm not saying don't buy Tesla stock. The stock market is a funny, and heavily manipulated thing. Tesla's own balance sheet reflects massive government influence. You just better do some research before you get involved.

I can also guarantee you that the entire extent of the OP's knowledge about electricity consists of little more than being able to turn on and of a light switch.
                    This was meant to be an asshole free thread. Obviously you haven't checked your email.

Comment

I have faith in Elon Musk.

Comment

If you like the band Tesla check out Into the Now the album they did in 2004 that was their first in a decade and last with all the original members ... Great album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muIL...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by TDmvp View Post
                          If you like the band Tesla check out Into the Now the album they did in 2004 that was their first in a decade and last with all the original members ... Great album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muIL...e_gdata_player
                          Thanks for that. Hadn't heard that yet but will be getting it now.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                            Tesla has never made a profit. They had a couple quarters with a posted profit, but what average people forget to account for is that $60M of their quarterly revenue was from selling tax credits to other auto makers. Obviously not a sustainable business model, unless they sell a lot more vehicles.

The only problem with EV's is battery technology. Replacing a battery pack for $10,000 every 100k miles is simply not cost effective. Until that changes, EV's will never be as cheap as a gas car. Of course, if you can afford to pay $70,000 for a Tesla, you probably don't care. I'm an EE who used to work in the industry, but was laid off because my company only had 2 profitable quarters in it's 30 year history (due to gov grants).
                            They said the same thing about Facebook. Tesla has hit the magic 200 mile per charge and they will be very profitable and soon.

Comment

F Edison

Comment

Working...
                              X