Report: Atlanta Falcons to release Thomas DeCoud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
    The problem is, do you make this move in lieu of a more definitive updgrade and then end up weak at the position if it doesn't work out? Like they did with Joe Mays and then Stewart Bradley at MLB?
    Not in my opinion you don't, but you can bring him in to compete. If he's not OK with that, you move on.

Comment

Hmm, honestly would prefer Delmas but if we are going to take a S in the 4th or so I could see Decoud working on a 2 year deal.

Comment

This was exactly how he played all year long. He's never been a good tackler, takes some terrible angles, and has been opportunistic with interceptions. When that last one went away, he became one of the worst safeties in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by JDB7821 View Post

This was exactly how he played all year long. He's never been a good tackler, takes some terrible angles, and has been opportunistic with interceptions. When that last one went away, he became one of the worst safeties in the league.
          Damn, that's horrible. He was probably expecting one of the other two players to make the play. His alligator arms proved that...
          Last edited by Pick Six; 02-27-2014, 09:13 AM.

Comment

This was exactly how he played all year long...
            Looks just like our D in the Super Bowl. He'd fit right in.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
              Too bad Ryan Clark is not an option...
              Not sure if serious...

Clark would be great for 8 games.

Comment

DeCoud, I only have one response….

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pFvIdTbaMhA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

He looks like Jammer on that play. One Jammer is too many already.

Comment

Still better than what we've got.

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
                      Damn, that's horrible. He was probably expecting one of the other two players to make the play. His alligator arms proved that...
                      You're pretty much right about that. Obviously our whole team had issues, especially on defense, but there were many times our rookie corners ran players down from behind because he let them loose. He hasn't always been terrible, and a change of scenery could do him well, but I certainly won't be sad to see him go.

Comment

Moore is an average to slightly above average safety. We gotta have somebody CLEARLY better to get me interested.

Comment

Working...
                        X