2014 MOVIE THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 MOVIE THREAD

post your movie news, likes, and dislikes here.....

this looks awesome....

go go Godzilla!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MSrUHoc9LIE?list=UUi8e0iOVk1fEOogdfu4YgfA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Granted these types of movies aren't my thing, but it seems like they always have cool trailers, but are just 2 hours of straight retardation

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
      Granted these types of movies aren't my thing, but it seems like they always have cool trailers, but are just 2 hours of straight retardation
      yep....but those are my expectations going into movies like this.

Comment

I just watched the documentary Tim's Vermeer the other week and am still blown away by it

Comment

The Monuments Men

It was my wife's turn to pick, holy crap what a crappy movie!
          Attached Files

Comment

I took my 6 year old to the Lego movie, I thought it was pretty awful. It could have been fun and a bit clever, but it wasn't.

My 6 year old liked it though.

That Godzilla trailer looks awesome. I love hokey giant monster movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
              I took my 6 year old to the Lego movie, I thought it was pretty awful. It could have been fun and a bit clever, but it wasn't.
              Really? The reviews were surprisingly good. It's the highest rated wide release movie on metacritic right now! My boys (12 & 9) saw it and loved it.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/mov...-releases/date

Comment

I like Legos.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                  Really? The reviews were surprisingly good. It's the highest rated wide release movie on metacritic right now! My boys (12 & 9) saw it and loved it.

did you see it with your kids?

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                    lol I took my daughter and her dance friends to Lego movie a few weeks back and loved it.

Everything is awesome. Everything is cool when you're part of the team.
                    My kid sang that exact part of that song for a week.

Originally posted by TonyR View Post

I thought it fell apart at the end when they tried to give it a "message", and I'm not even 100% sure what that "message" was. Whatever the "message" was, it was really heavy-handed.

It wasn't really all that clever, there were some fun moments, but it felt to me like an hour and a half long lego commercial that I paid money to go see. I'm sure I wasn't the target audience, but they could have done a better job. IMO.

Having a kid I watch way more kid movies than a 37 year old adult male should, so I appreciate it when they give me something. I loved Despicable Me 2, I thought that one was well written, and entertaining. The Lego movie had some fun moments, but overall was a big "meh".
                    Last edited by Powderaddict; 02-26-2014, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                      did you see it with your kids?
                      No, I was off duty that day.

Comment

The message is that creating with Lego bricks is as unlimited as your imagination. Will Ferrell, the adult Lego fanatic, tried to keep everything organized into their Lego sub environments and even use Krazy glue to lock them together. (But it's okay for kids to mix and match because every Lego brick fits together like a team that's totally awesome!)

Comment

So I can do anything I want with my legos, as long as it's not spend tons of money on legos, and a ton of time on a huge complex city, and want to preserve it.

The message is lame, and is no where near worthy of the extreme emotional (guilt) prodding associated with it in the movie. If the dad wants to build a giant city with his legos and preserve it, why can't he? I'm sure he can get the kid his own legos to do with as he wants.

Comment

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2zqy21Z29ps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
                              <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2zqy21Z29ps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                              There will be a tidal wave of hero's blood (and hopefully some bewbs).

Comment

Working...
                              X