X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders need to spend close to 70M this offseason or face sanctions

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/02/24/johnny...quarterback/3/

One if not both of Deck and Moreno will probably end up there

Moreno is really pumped up by this board. Montee looked the better runner at the end of the year. Moreno is a nice scheme fit, and looks the part of a third down back. Reminds me of Chester Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
      Moreno is really pumped up by this board. Montee looked the better runner at the end of the year. Moreno is a nice scheme fit, and looks the part of a third down back. Reminds me of Chester Taylor.
      Chester Taylor, Vikings . . . 2006?

Comment

whos' going to throw Decker the ball in chokeland?

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
          Chester Taylor, Vikings . . . 2006?
          He was always a quality third down RB in Baltimore and then in Minny, even in Chicago. 2006 was similar to Moreno this year, performed well when given the opportunity, but not really someone you want carrying the load. Taylor was great in pass pro, had good hands and feet, Moreno reminds me of him.

Comment

Always saw Decker ending up in Oakland or Miami.

We'll see what happens.

I know his wife would love to end up in either.

Comment

IMO, Miami is not going to shell out top dollar for another WR in free agency after the Mike Wallace disaster.

Oakland does make sense for Decker, assuming they draft QB at #4.

Who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                Always saw Decker ending up in Oakland or Miami.

We'll see what happens.

I know his wife would love to end up in either.
                how is that?

Comment

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
                  Better runner at the end of the year? Maybe. Better fumbler? Yes.

Better receiver and blocker all year? Not even close.

Running is just one aspect of the job. Protecting Manning, catching the ball and not turning it over are each just as important in this offense....and Moreno has him in those areas right now. It's because of that, plus the fact that he finally cracked 1000 rushing yards, that he has been rightfully pumped up by this board this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post

Running is just one aspect of the job. Protecting Manning, catching the ball and not turning it over are each just as important in this offense....and Moreno has him in those areas right now. It's because of that, plus the fact that he finally cracked 1000 rushing yards, that he has been rightfully pumped up by this board this season.
                    Like I said better RUNNER at the end of the year. Moreno was better in pass protection and receiving. Montee was a rookie, that's not an easy thing to pick up year one in a Manning system.

Moreno is not a franchise back. Soft box counts and PFM making proper adjustments inflated his numbers. He's a quality RB, he would be a perfect third down back, but he's no franchise back. And we will see how he's viewed by our front office.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                      how is that?
                      She strikes me as that Hollywood attention seeker type. Reality TV and all that ****. I've known girls like her and they all want the Cali or Miami life. Nor-Cal might not be So-Cal but it has stuff too.

Comment

Why would any receiver choose to go to Oakland is beyond me. Get some more cash, sure, and then your production gets cut in half and you get smeared out of the eye of other teams for the years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post

KM had his share of fumbles, he was one of many to fumble in the SB farce only we got that one back.

Ball is the better all round back at this point, KM is quality depth, insurance, that is about it. If he wants to come back and compete for the starting job for a fair price then fine but I am ready to move on and see if we can't find a RB with the threat to break one to the house.

Comment

Raiders extended Tiawann Jones out to 3 years! Sounds like they are spending their money this year on ST'ers who busted out.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/r...tension-022414

Comment

Couldn't Oakland use all this cap to front-load the **** out of contracts on their team, thus allowing an insanely powerful cap situation moving forward?

Comment

Working...
                              X