X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutthemdown
    replied
    Originally posted by Lestat View Post
    I wouldn't say his career is in flames. This is a proving ground moment but this is a player when healthy who put up 30 sacks in two seasons.
    He has hopefully matured and will take care of his issues.
    Weed is a tough drug to kick because the user feels it's harmless and he should be able to smoke it.

I admit in flames maybe too harsh but he is at a moment in his career where one more **** up and he could be done as a big time player in the NFL. Sure he could try more comebacks after a yr suspension but everyone knows that it would most likely be it for him in Denver.

I think he is at a crossroads. Honestly I don't think he has matured because it's only been months since his screw up. It takes more life experience then that, more time to evaluate yourself to make a real change in your personality.

My gut tells me he is Towlie and just needs to be high.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
    Von needs to worry about getting healthy, getting his mind right, and turning his career around. Vons career in flames right now and if he doesn't get it going back this offseason, this yr, he may never get a big payday or be the player we all thought he was going to be.
    I wouldn't say his career is in flames. This is a proving ground moment but this is a player when healthy who put up 30 sacks in two seasons.
    He has hopefully matured and will take care of his issues.

Leave a comment:

• cutthemdown
    replied
    Von needs to worry about getting healthy, getting his mind right, and turning his career around. Vons career in flames right now and if he doesn't get it going back this offseason, this yr, he may never get a big payday or be the player we all thought he was going to be.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
    Your idea not that great because Von is best standing up. He can put his hand in the dirt in certain packages but mostly, he needs to be standing up.
    Yep, Von is a LB hybrid. He needs to play as such.

Leave a comment:

• cutthemdown
    replied
    Originally posted by BMORE View Post
    InterestinglynVon plays snaps at DE and plays as a DE when at the LOS. It's a different view point, but that doesn't mean it could never happen, or it's so far fetched, like your asinine suggest of Manning at Safety.
    Your idea not that great because Von is best standing up. He can put his hand in the dirt in certain packages but mostly, he needs to be standing up.

Leave a comment:

• Archer81
    replied
    Switzer calling someone else arrogant...that is just...lulz.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Aren't most really good QB's arrogant pricks?

Leave a comment:

• oubronco
    replied

Switzer Slams "Arrogant" Manziel In Radio Interview

Posted: Feb 26, 2014 3:55 PM CST <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><!--END wnDate-->Updated: Feb 26, 2014 4:08 PM CST <NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><!--END wnDate-->
    By Kevin Kuzminski, News9.com - email

<!--END WNStoryRelatedBox--> It doesn't appear Hall of Fame coach Barry Switzer is a big fan of former Texas A&M star Johnny Manziel.

The former Oklahoma Sooner head-man spoke about the man known as Johnny Football on CBS Sports Radio 920 Wednesday morning.

"He's an arrogant little pr**k," Switzer said of Manziel.

"I don't like his antics. He's embarrassed himself, he's embarrassed his teammates, he's embarrassed his coach."

Full Interview - Warning: Graphic Language

Despite those strong words, Switzer made it clear that he believes in Manziel's talent.
    "He's the best that I've seen," Switzer declared. I have never seen a quarterback in college football take control of a game like he does and put up the numbers he does. The guy is fantastic. What he's done against good competition. Game after game after game he puts numbers up that are staggering."

It appears respect and admiration can be two very different things.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
    I guess Golfer Steve Elkington was there today..........
    Lol that is funny.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos_OTM
    replied
    Winners and losers I haven't been able to watch since Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• The1percentKid
    replied
    Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post
    Wow, didn't realize OAK has the #5 overall. I see some mocks have Bridgewater going to them.
    Ya a QB would be the choice right there. Wonder if we see same ole Davis family shenanigans or legit drafting. They gotta spend a lot in FA this year too.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosfanGuy
    replied
    ror
    Elkington is funny.
    in non-news, people freaked out over the comment.

aw, i can't believe someone would say something like that. how could you be so callous, golfguy?[/feigned outrage]

Leave a comment:

• Pony Boy
    replied
    I guess Golfer Steve Elkington was there today..........
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Cito Pelon
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
    I know a lot of people doubt his play. Not me. Let's just hope the raiders don't take him cause I don't want to see that guy in the AFC west.
    Wow, didn't realize OAK has the #5 overall. I see some mocks have Bridgewater going to them.

Leave a comment:

• elsid13
    replied
    Originally posted by Arkie View Post
    I'm just saying that there is nothing about Alabama's program that makes a player worse. It's a coincidence if anything, but I think every school has the same bust rate. A lot of it has to do with the teams that draft the players, and each player has a different personality. Rolondo went from a championship team to the ultimate losers in the NFL. He still led them in tackles before he bombed out. Who knows what kind of issues made him retire at 24.
    ESPN MAG article

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...-imposed-exile

Leave a comment:

Working...
X