2014 NFL Combine Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BMORE View Post
    Van Noy is an OLB.. His best attribute is dropping into coverage. He was used to rush the passer at times, but is not a DE.
    You want Van Noy as a half-field LB?

So in other words, he's a poor mans version of Jamie Collins (drafted #52 overall in 2013). I loved Collins (I thought he was a top 40 prospect). I don't think Van Noy is nearly as good.
    Last edited by pricejj; 02-23-2014, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pricejj View Post
      You want Van Noy as a half-field LB?

So in other words, he's a poor mans version of Jamie Collins (drafted #52 overall in 2013). I loved Collins (I thought he was a top 40 prospect). I don't think Van Noy is nearly as good.
      Van Noy is an every down player. If you compare him to Collins there's a night and day difference, in most areas. Similar in pass rush.

Comment

• Collins the better athlete, Van Noy the better football player.

Comment

• I think it's pretty hasty to claim that Tuitt could come in and replicate Richardson's rookie year. Maybe I'm biased because I root Missouri and wanted Richardson badly, but there are not that many guys his size with his athletic ability. Dude was the #1 defensive prospect out of high school, was returning kickoffs at 270lbs a few years ago and is strong as hell.

I'm all for picking up another talented piece on the defensive line. I'd prefer secondary investment, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
            I think it's pretty hasty to claim that Tuitt could come in and replicate Richardson's rookie year. Maybe I'm biased because I root Missouri and wanted Richardson badly, but there are not that many guys his size with his athletic ability. Dude was the #1 defensive prospect out of high school, was returning kickoffs at 270lbs a few years ago and is strong as hell.

I'm all for picking up another talented piece on the defensive line. I'd prefer secondary investment, though.
            Well Richardson was the 4th DT in his class so the claim that he was the #1 defensive prospect out of HS seems a bit wrong. He was the 39th rated player according to scout.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=3193355

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&yr=2009
            Rivals had Richardson as a 4 star player FYI
            http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...hardson-107295

Tuitt was the 22nd player in his class according to rivals.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/NotreDame/fo...ings/rank-2602
            I found a better one of Richardson that said he was the 4th player in his class.
            http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ings/rank-1936
            http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...chardson-68307
            Last edited by DBroncos4life; 02-23-2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Sorry, should have cited that claim. #1 defensive prospect according to rivals.com. Either way, I think Richardson's talents were underrated prior to the draft last year and probably still are to some extent (due to lack of playing time in college as a stone-cold retard).

Comment

• I was suggesting Tuitt will have a similar impact in year one that Richardson had with the Jets not that they are similar players. I think Tuitt is more Seymour like then anything else. Tuitt will be equally as disruptive in the passing lanes for QB's then he will as a pass rusher.

Also if Sly makes the jump we should expect from him this season OL's will have a hard time blocking Sly, Knighton, and Tuitt. Miller would be even more dangerous with those guys eating up space in front of him. Tuitt would do what Wolfe was drafted to do but only better IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
                  unrelated to your comment. Alabama prospects are starting to scare me much like Texas prospects do. I wanna like Mosely and HA HA but something scares me here.
                  Alabama had three all-rookies from the last draft--Eddie Lacy, DJ Fluker, Robert Lester. That's more than any other school.

Comment

• The Broncos are not moving Von to DE. You can get that out of your head right now. If they were going to do so they would have after cutting Elvis or better yet, after drafting him.
                    They took him with the intention of playing him at SAM & him being a hybrid flex guy.
                    Van noy would have to come off the field as Von & Trev would not. So again unless you move Van Noy to DE, which he is not then there is no point in taking him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMORE View Post
                      Collins the better athlete, Van Noy the better football player.
                      Van Noy tried to play exactly like Von Miller in college. He didn't drop into coverage much, and when he did, he was guarding the flat (as Von would do). Van Noy is not a coverage LB, nor a Nickel Half-Field LB. He's a poor man's less-athletic version of Von Miller. Almost purely a pass-rusher, except that he only recorded sacks in 2 games this year. He'll be used strictly as a 3-4 OLB in the NFL, unless somebody wants to change their entire Defense to accommodate Van Noy to play in the same role that the Broncos use Von Miller, which is doubtful, because he's not as good as Von.

Also, I don't think Van Noy is better than Jamie Collins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                        Alabama had three all-rookies from the last draft--Eddie Lacy, DJ Fluker, Robert Lester. That's more than any other school.
                        I see your point but how many players have bombed out of the league or haven't lived up to expectations, If you'd like, I can form up a list.

Donta Hightower
                        Mark Ingram
                        Trent Richardson
                        Rolando McClain
                        Terrence Cody
                        Dre Kirpatrick
                        Courtney Upshaw
                        Andre Smith

Although he was injured

Julio Jones hasn't set the league on fire like AJ Green has

Mark Barron has underwhelmed me for where he was picked.

For being a College powerhouse you'd figure they would have more players in the NFL
                        Last edited by Broncos_OTM; 02-23-2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Perhaps the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Comment

I see your point but how many players have bombed out of the league or haven't lived up to expectations, If you'd like, I can form up a list.

There's some stinkers in this pic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                              There's some stinkers in this pic.
                              When you have recruiting classes like Alabama has you better be putting players in the NFL. My point remains, A lot of players from that school have bombed in the NFL.

Maybe I am failing to see your point? Were talking about Alabama players here.. There are players on that list that didn't attend Alabama
                              Last edited by Broncos_OTM; 02-23-2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

When you have recruiting classes like Alabama has you better be putting players in the NFL. My point remains, A lot of players from that school have bombed in the NFL.

Maybe I am failing to see your point? Were talking about Alabama players here.. There are players on that list that didn't attend Alabama
                                Cause its sabans handprints. 33 from Alabama. I think it has more to do with saban less to do with the school.

Comment

Working...
                                X