2014 NFL Combine Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by extralife View Post
    As a not college guy, what's the knock on Boyd? Wasn't he originally seen as a top of the draft kind of guy? He's looked good to me in my very limited time seeing him. And he's got hat leader vibe you want in a QB
    He has severe issues with accuracy that have gotten worse each season. He is a shade over 6-0, he has times when he is a great highlight making player but he routinely has issues with making basic play.

Same issue with Morris & Thomas. Thomas though has the size and also the most potential and projectability of the others to allow a team to overlook the issues.

Originally posted by DBroncos4life View Post
    I wish they would take a chance on Brett Smith.
    Eh, he is probably best suited for a more west coast offense type of team.

Comment

Those wanting Van Noy, where would you put him?

Comment

I think Elway will do what he hinted at the other day - load up this team to win now with PmfM at the helm, and if that doesn't work, tank a year after Manning retires and go after a franchise QB.

Comment

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
          I mentioned Pryor as a player we need to target if he declared, before he declared for the draft. And not two weeks ago.

Crickets.....

Comment

All I know is it doesn't matter who the Broncos pick, 90% of you guys are going to scream whine b!tch and moan

Comment

Originally posted by Rascal View Post
              Van Noy is going to play a role similar to Von, same thing with Dee Ford(though Ford is bulking up to attempt to stay at DE).
              As much as I love Von, we don't need two OLB/DE types the way we run our D.
              We need a legit pure DE. We have OLB sewn up depth wise between Trev,Von and Nate. Plus you have McCray coming back from IR.

But I do think he will go in the first to a team like the 49ers or even the Browns.
              If you're going to draft someone like Van Noy then

Originally posted by errand View Post
              All I know is it doesn't matter who the Broncos pick, 90% of you guys are going to scream whine b!tch and moan
              Nothing IMO will ever top when we took Moore and Franklin over Bowers though. That **** storm was epic. I thought the board was going to crash.

Comment

Van Noy has great range and size. I think he could play MLB and with his athletic ability, be damn good. Plus it would hedge our bets if Miller is out in a few years.

Comment

I'm a big Van Noy fan....I see his stock rising in the next few months.

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post
                    All I know is you will use this 100 more times this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                      Van Noy is going to play a role similar to Von, same thing with Dee Ford(though Ford is bulking up to attempt to stay at DE).
                      As much as I love Von, we don't need two OLB/DE types the way we run our D.
                      We need a legit pure DE. We have OLB sewn up depth wise between Trev,Von and Nate. Plus you have McCray coming back from IR.

But I do think he will go in the first to a team like the 49ers or even the Browns.
                      If you're going to draft someone like Van Noy then

Nothing IMO will ever top when we took Moore and Franklin over Bowers though. That **** storm was epic. I thought the board was going to crash.
                      I have to disagree with you here. For the short time we had Von and Phillips on the field at the same time I felt that the pass rush can come from more places and not lose to much in the run defense.

Comment

End of the first. It really depends on his measurables to be honest. The perception is that he isn't an explosive athlete, just an exceptional football player, with great instincts. If he puts up good numbers, he's a first round pick.

My suggestion was to draft him and move Von to RDE full time. While Van Noy cannot rush the passer like Von he is good at it, and he is exceptional at dropping into coverage. He's a moveable piece that can be used for match ups. He and Trevethan in sub packages would be dynamite. This also allows us to just have a MLB in running downs. A player like Andrew Jackson later in the draft to be a two down thumper.

We all know Von is best when rushing the passer, so let him do that full time and that would fill our biggest need on the defensive line, allowing extra salary cap money to be used in the secondary. Just a thought.

Comment

All I know is you will use this 100 more times this year.
                          Most definitely.....

Comment

I see price deleted another draft opinion post lol.

Comment

What was it about?

Comment

The one where Req said this is sad?

Comment

Working...
                                X