2014 NFL Combine Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
    Did I read right. Somewhere it said that Gartrell Robinson moved from WR to TE?
    yes

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
      dude, and i mean this in the kindest way. nobody cares.
      He's a diva. what do you do with divas? yup

Comment

I would love to see Denver draft Stephon Tuitt some how to replace Wolfe at DE. He trimmed down to 305 which is his ideal weight imo. I agree with the Richard Seymour comparisons with Tuitt and Miller would go off with Tuitt in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
          1. I'd rather have Darryl Smith, Jon Beason, or probably even Woodyard more than C.J. Mosley.
          2. The Broncos would have to trade their 1st, 2nd, and 4th picks to trade up for Calvin Pryor, who is a top 20 prospect.

Being realistic, the BPA at #31 will probably be a guy like Morgan Moses (RT), Stephon Tuitt (5-tech) (we already have 2 guys like him), or Trent Murphy (DE).
          From a vet standpoint I can understand that. But long term that makes no sense, yes Smith and Beason are proven but Mosley has that potential "it" factor and is great at diagnosing plays.

Did I read right. Somewhere it said that Gartrell Robinson moved from WR to TE?
          Yes indeed Gerell is now a TE. I think they're trying to bulk him up a bit and use him in a similar role to JT.

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
          Cecil Lammey said he's hearing the Broncos could move up for Pryor or Mosley.
          I can see them moving up for a MLB or a CB, not so much a S.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
            I forgot that the ginger moved the dates of the draft into May.

The 2014 draft doesn't start until Thursday, May 8th.

I've been watching the draft since I was a kid....it's supposed to be in April.

Holding it May doesn't seem natural....but I'm sure this is a way for Roger to squeeze a few more advertising dollars out of the draft.
            The NFLPA have counteracted by stating they want Free Agency to start before the combine from now on. They want GM's focused on paying their players instead of rookies.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
              The NFLPA have counteracted by stating they want Free Agency to start before the combine from now on. They want GM's focused on paying their players instead of rookies.
              free agency in feb and the combine in march or april?

unrelated to your comment. Alabama prospects are starting to scare me much like Texas prospects do. I wanna like Mosely and HA HA but something scares me here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
                From a vet standpoint I can understand that. But long term that makes no sense, yes Smith and Beason are proven but Mosley has that potential "it" factor and is great at diagnosing plays.

Yes indeed Gerell is now a TE. I think they're trying to bulk him up a bit and use him in a similar role to JT.

I can see them moving up for a MLB or a CB, not so much a S.
                Sweet. I guess unless guy falls far down into the draft we won't be picking up a TE early.

Comment

Sweet. I guess unless guy falls far down into the draft we won't be picking up a TE early.
                  I don't think we were picking a TE before round 5 or so anyway.
                  The team likes Thomas and Green, Tamme is likely to stay and Robinson is signed to the roster on a future contract.

Comment

I don't think we were picking a TE before round 5 or so anyway.
                    The team likes Thomas and Green, Tamme is likely to stay and Robinson is signed to the roster on a future contract.

Never say never. If they see a guy they like, they could go TE early. It all depends on what the plan is.

Comment

I still bet they take Boyd. And everyone freaks out massively over drafting a QB at #31.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
                        Never say never. If they see a guy they like, they could go TE early. It all depends on what the plan is.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins is the likely TE to fall, I don't think Amaro nor Ebron will fall past the top 28. I think NE will pluck one of them to pair with Gronkowski.

I just don't see the TE being high enough on the BPA board to warrant a top 3-4 round selection.
                        Then again, if they wish to add the TE and use him in the slot and create a 2 TE set like in Indy with Clark and Pollard.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                          I still bet they take Boyd. And everyone freaks out massively over drafting a QB at #31.
                          Boyd stock is slipping so hard I would be shocked to see him go before the mid 4th to late 5th. It all depends on his pro day.
                          If we take a QB early it will likely be Derek Carr.
                          If we take one later than Fales,Boyd,Thomas and Mettenberger are all potential fits.
                          Given Elway's penchant for bigger QB's I would put my money on Thomas as a developmental guy in the 5th round or later.

Comment

Boyd stock is slipping so hard I would be shocked to see him go before the mid 4th to late 5th. It all depends on his pro day.
                            If we take a QB early it will likely be Derek Carr.
                            If we take one later than Fales,Boyd,Thomas and Mettenberger are all potential fits.
                            Given Elway's penchant for bigger QB's I would put my money on Thomas as a developmental guy in the 5th round or later.
                            I wish they would take a chance on Brett Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                              This is sad.
                              What do you think Req? Shoot straight, no bull.

Comment

As a not college guy, what's the knock on Boyd? Wasn't he originally seen as a top of the draft kind of guy? He's looked good to me in my very limited time seeing him. And he's got hat leader vibe you want in a QB

Comment

Working...
                                X