2014 NFL Combine Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
    Best Safety in the class, you heard that here first!
    I can see the love for Ha Ha, but I think Calvin is the much better safety. Reminds me of Atwater.

Comment

Hopefully Matt Patchan falls on his face at the combine.

Comment

Jadeveon Clowney vs. the English language.

Comment

Cecil Lammey said he's hearing the Broncos could move up for Pryor or Mosley.
          meh, I don't think Lammey has any inside connections to the Broncos. I think he has whiffed more often than not when it comes to the Broncos.

I think he sees glaring needs just like we do and is jumping to conclusions just like we do.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
            Hopefully Matt Patchan falls on his face at the combine.
            What do you think about Henderson playing Guard?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
              meh, I don't think Lammey has any inside connections to the Broncos. I think he has whiffed more often than not when it comes to the Broncos.

I think he sees glaring needs just like we do and is jumping to conclusions just like we do.
              Good point!

Comment

fwiw, i think Pryor would be an excellent pick btw, but i think Denver may have to move up a few slots to get him. i don't know though, it's early. really hoping for a big-time safety and a big-time CB this offseason. CB can come via FA or re-signing DRC. I'd like to see a safety with a 1st-round pedigree on this team again. it's been ages it seems.

Comment

What do you think about Henderson playing Guard?
                  Actually, he is a pretty good pass protector, especially in his Jr year, so not sure about guard, but he's so inconsistent and has motivation issues and always has stupid **** off the field like weed. He's the ultimate boom or bust guy. He doesn't love football, or like the weight room. Dude is huge, but is a little weak and doesn't have it in his head.

Wouldn't touch before Round 4. He could start for 10 years or more likely be out of the league in a year or two.

Then again, Orlando Franklin is a much better pro than collegian, so there's hope for Seantrel.

Comment

I can't wait til the TE take the field considering most of us think the Broncos will be letting go of Tamme and Dressen.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
                      fwiw, i think Pryor would be an excellent pick btw, but i think Denver may have to move up a few slots to get him. i don't know though, it's early. really hoping for a big-time safety and a big-time CB this offseason. CB can come via FA or re-signing DRC. I'd like to see a safety with a 1st-round pedigree on this team again. it's been ages it seems.
                      I think Lammey is guessing, like I am, that the Duke will be willing to trade next year's picks to move up this year. PmfM has a short window. They might have to move up to 15 (or higher) to get Pryor. Mosely will probably go out of reach. Another good pick would be Zack Martin. Justin Gilbert would be good too. Gilbert and Pryor would both help us out in the TO battle. Pryor or Mosely would be dream picks, but I don't know if we have the ammo for either.

Comment

Best Safety in the class, you heard that here first!
                        Actually, Med called it.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
                          Actually, Med called it.
                          Yeah. I heard that too. No shabbiness there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                            I just read an article on ESPN... need to read it looks like Elway is letting Decker go and WILL KEEP TAMME... he said they need players in different positions and Tamme also does special teams...he still has a year on his contract and Elway likes him...Decker will be gone
                            I didn't read that article but I have the feeling that Tamme stays, Dreessen gets cut or traded and the only way they resign Decker is if John feels he can make it work and there is no big run on Decker driving up his price. Seems like a year where there are big physical WR's who could step in and play cheaper.

I listened to John's interview, someone asked him about building teams from the outside or inside. After thinking about it John built up the the outside with Von and Webster picks (not saying Webster is going to have much of a career after his output last year) but I think we see some BPA at Safety, CB, MLB early with a WR in the mid rounds, maybe a DT in the 5th

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                              I just read an article on ESPN... need to read it looks like Elway is letting Decker go and WILL KEEP TAMME... he said they need players in different positions and Tamme also does special teams...he still has a year on his contract and Elway likes him...Decker will be gone
                              What of Dressen? I'm not saying "take a TE in the 2nd". But a 6th or 7th would be nice I think.

Comment

one thing to remember about the WR position is this is one of the deepest drafts in terms of WR talent that I can remember. It's plausible Denver can find Deck's replacement somewhere in rounds 2-4. It won't be an immediate replacement of talent, but it shouldn't have to be given the structure of the offense. It would be a much cheaper route to go, and it's probably the likely route imo. That would allow Denver to address bigger needs in the 1st round and via FA/re-signing key FA such as DRC--if they choose to give DRC a long-term deal.

As far as Dreessen goes, his position has been taken by Virgil Green imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X