• Telvin Smith going HAM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMORE View Post
      That's a douche comment.
      See it is YTBD.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
        See it is YTBD.
        I don't get the akronym, but cool story bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
          Telvin Smith going HAM.
          I thought Tripp looked good too. No big deal just a few subpackage coverage LBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
            I see your point but how many players have bombed out of the league or haven't lived up to expectations, If you'd like, I can form up a list.

Donta Hightower
            Mark Ingram
            Trent Richardson
            Rolando McClain
            Terrence Cody
            Dre Kirpatrick
            Courtney Upshaw
            Andre Smith

Although he was injured

Julio Jones hasn't set the league on fire like AJ Green has

Mark Barron has underwhelmed me for where he was picked.

For being a College powerhouse you'd figure they would have more players in the NFL
            None of those players bombed out of the league. Julio Jones would still be a top 10 draft pick in a draft re-do. Andre Smith is a solid starter. The jury is still out on Trent Richardson. He's only 23 and showed flashes of greatness his rookie year. The rest of those guys have started a lot of games except Ingram and Kirkpatrick. They're all still playing except McClain. He didn't get cut. He just surprisingly retired.

Originally posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
            When you have recruiting classes like Alabama has you better be putting players in the NFL. My point remains, A lot of players from that school have bombed in the NFL.

Maybe I am failing to see your point? Were talking about Alabama players here.. There are players on that list that didn't attend Alabama
            There are also players on that list that were 7th round draft picks.

When you put a lot of players in the NFL, you'll have a lot that won't live up to expectations, especially by Bama's standards. I wouldn't hold anything against a kid for attending Alabama. Maybe they need to improve the facilities.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3fquDTF09bk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

I thought Tripp looked good too. No big deal just a few subpackage coverage LBs.
              That kid is an animal. Great small school player.

Comment

Van Noy was disappointing in measurables. In fact Mack didn't look too good either. If you are a numbers guy like Price, they would be plummeting on your shallow draft board.
                For me, a 1st rounder should hit on all three main methods of evaluation:

1. Production throughout college
                2. The eye test
                3. Measurables

I won't get into my criteria at each position, but lets just say Van Noy is severely to moderately lacking in 2 of those areas. For me, a 1st rounder has to be capable of making a Pro Bowl, and a 2nd rounder has to be capable of being a solid starter in the NFL. I don't think Van Noy is capable of being a solid starter right away, but he does have some positive attributes that lead me to put a 3rd round grade on him.

Comment

• It’s possible that Alabama players are a bit overrated just because playing on such deep teams makes everyone look better. Just slightly overrated, though, not hugely.

Comment

• Originally posted by pricejj View Post

2. The eye test
                    3. Measurables

I won't get into my criteria at each position, but lets just say Van Noy is severely to moderately lacking in 2 of those areas. For me, a 1st rounder has to be capable of making a Pro Bowl, and a 2nd rounder has to be capable of being a solid starter in the NFL. I don't think Van Noy is capable of being a solid starter right away, but he does have some positive attributes that lead me to put a 3rd round grade on him.
                    The measurables weren't great today, we both agree there. He passes the eye test we both agree there. I don't agree with you about production. You and I are evaluating him for two different positions. I'm thinking quality OLB who is great in coverage and has a nice ability to get after the QB. You see him as Von like, but obviously not the elite pass rusher. There's only one player in this draft who's Von like, and that's Mack.

I think he is an end of the first sonewhere in the second draft range. Agree the lack of athleticism takes away from overall. I don't think you have watched enough of him, because you have a wrong impression of his game.

Comment

• Originally posted by pricejj View Post

2. The eye test
                      3. Measurables

It's a crap shoot. There never seems to be 30 players with 1st round grades in any draft. A true first round grade is if you took the top 32 players from each past draft and averaged their performance into an actual first round grade. The 32nd best player in each draft is not a pro bowler.

Comment

• Justin Gilbert says he'll run the fastest time at the Combine. We'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                          Justin Gilbert says he'll run the fastest time at the Combine. We'll see.
                          Hopefully he runs a 4.8 so we can select him at #31.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                            Hopefully he runs a 4.8 so we can select him at #31.
                            If wishes were horses beggars would ride.

Comment

• Still not sure why people are down on Van Noy and Mack's numbers. Doing good in drills. Van Noy is doing everything he needs to do to be in the mix in the late-first. He was never an all-world athlete, he did well because of his football IQ and instincts. Just don't know if I agree with BPC anymore that he can move to MIKE. Doesn't play with the killer instinct. If he did, he'd be lights out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                                It's a crap shoot. There never seems to be 30 players with 1st round grades in any draft. A true first round grade is if you took the top 32 players from each past draft and averaged their performance into an actual first round grade. The 32nd best player in each draft is not a pro bowler.
                                If you can't get a Pro Bowl caliber player in round 1, then trade up, or trade back. You absolutely need impact players to be successful. And if you can't get a solid starter in round 2, then trade up. I believe you should be able to find two starters in your first two picks, if not, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X