True Dectective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Dectective

Sorry if there has been discussed in a thread already, but this is a really good mini-series. I've never been much of a Matthew McConnaughey has been sublime. I realize that's some serious hyperbole, but it's true IMO. This series just has so many layers. I'm a HUGE Breaking Bad, The Wire, Thrones, Boardwalk , Deadwood, and Homeland fan. But this is on another level. Harrelson is brilliant as always. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

Easily one of the best shows on TV

Comment

Best thing on TV right now. A lil self indulgent at times, but fantastic

Comment

Easily one of the best shows on TV, if not the best.

Other good series I've seen recently:

Hannibal
        Broadchurch
        Rectify
        The Bridge

Do yourself a favor and check out the shows above. TV is a much better canvas for developing a complex and compelling story these days, far superior to the silver screen in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ram40ut View Post
          Sorry if there has been discussed in a thread already, but this is a really good mini-series. I've never been much of a Matthew McConnaughey has been sublime. I realize that's some serious hyperbole, but it's true IMO. This series just has so many layers. I'm a HUGE Breaking Bad, The Wire, Thrones, Boardwalk , Deadwood, and Homeland fan. But this is on another level. Harrelson is brilliant as always. Do yourself a favor and check it out.
          Agree. I thought the first 2 shows were really slow and wasn't sure I was going to get into it much but I stuck it out and it's picked up intensity big time. Great show. Although I still think Homeland is on that same level as is Game Of Thrones. Shameless and Ray Donovan are damn good also.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshyamama View Post
            Easily one of the best shows on TV, if not the best.

Hannibal
            Broadchurch
            Rectify
            The Bridge

Do yourself a favor and check out the shows above. TV is a much better canvas for developing a complex and compelling story these days, far superior to the silver screen in my opinion.
            That is a kick ass show right there.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
              That is a kick ass show right there.
              Agreed. Stoked for the 28th

Comment

Woo hoo Hannibal! I didn't know anyone else was a Fannibal (I just discovered that is apparently the name of fans of the show.) They just loaded Season 1 of Hannibal to Amazon Prime so I am rewatching to prepare for Season 2. I also enjoy Bates Motel. Not sure what this says about me exactly. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Houshyamama View Post

Hannibal
                  Broadchurch
                  Rectify
                  The Bridge
                  I really like Hannibal and hope it survives. The Bridge was pretty good too.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                    Shameless...
                    I really liked that show but IMO the current season has been a big drop off. I'm behind a couple episodes but hopefully/maybe it gets better. I won't hold my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss I. View Post
                      Woo hoo Hannibal! I didn't know anyone else was a Fannibal (I just discovered that is apparently the name of fans of the show.) They just loaded Season 1 of Hannibal to Amazon Prime so I am rewatching to prepare for Season 2. I also enjoy Bates Motel. Not sure what this says about me exactly. :-)
                      It says I'll be avoiding alone time with you

Comment

The gf and I only recently got back into Homeland. We were driven off by the TERRIBLE story line involving Brody's daughter. We eventually got through it by fast forwarding through any part with that annoying girl in it. I've never done that before. The show improved dramatically because we did that.

Comment

Mads Mikkelsen is absolutely a perfect fit for the Hannibal role. The rest of the cast is great too, but it was essential that they found the right person for the lead (Hannibal) role and they found him.

Comment

What channel is Hannibal on?

Comment

I only watch Bates Motel because the mom is kinda hot, Vera something, Plus there isn't much else on that I like to watch. I do a lot of DVRing and probably watch more movies from the Library than TV but there are a couple dramatic series I like to watch.

I am enjoying True Detective but not enough to keep HBO after my free 3 months run out next month. I had some problems with Uverse and demanded free HBO.

I like Boardwalk empire more because I know and love the period music and history of the '20s.

I did like the episode with the failed stash house job in it and the court reporter was smoking hot nekid, she needs to be nekid in it more.

Looking forward to catching up with Game of Thrones, the Library just got season 3 in.

Comment

Working...
                              X