Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next yrs cap to go up over 130 mil

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-130-million/

This year’s salary cap is expected to rise to about $130 million per team, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. That’s a 5 percent increase from last year’s cap of $123 million, and it’s good news for teams that are tight on cap space.

Broncos can cut Bailey and a few others, get some more money from cap going up, and be major players in FA this yr.

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-130-million/

This year’s salary cap is expected to rise to about $130 million per team, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. That’s a 5 percent increase from last year’s cap of $123 million, and it’s good news for teams that are tight on cap space.

Broncos can cut Bailey and a few others, get some more money from cap going up, and be major players in FA this yr.
    They CAN, but it will be interesting to see if they WILL. While it didn't look like it, earlier this year, I think the Broncos STILL want to get Champ a ring. When Peyton retires, it will ABSOLUTELY be the end for Champ...

Comment

Then if it's all about the ring he can and should play for the veteran minimum, am I right? !

Comment

Broncos will cut Bailey, or he will restructure for a very low cap number incentive laden deal. Also no way Kuper back at 4 mil a yr, or Dressen either.

Comment

This may have just extended Decker's stay in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
            Then if it's all about the ring he can and should play for the veteran minimum, am I right? !
            He's made more money then any other non qb NFL player over the last 10 yrs. He can't need the money anymore.

I think he is physically worn out but maybe he can still play. I haven't seen that though last 2 yrs.

Comment

I think they were already starting talks about restructuring.

Comment

Good news for the rich teams, bad news for the poor ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                  cut Decker that's 10mill
                  Well that number doesn't exist under the cap. That is a theoritical number based on what he might get.

Comment

cut Decker that's 10mill
                    What? He's a free agent and accounts for 0.00% of the cap at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
                      No. You're right. There's no way that Bailey will get the same money. My point was that I believe the Broncos still want to keep him. We'll see what Bailey's priorities actually are...

Comment

I think Manning and Elway know if it's Decker, or the system. I hate how Decker seems to be a medicore athletic talent by tripping over his own feet some of the time. IMO he is white and that is like a 2 mil penalty right there if you play WR or CB in the NFL lol.

I wouldn't pay Decker over 6 mil a yr. that leaves 2-3 mil a yr to pay Bey Bey more.

Comment

If the Broncos cut Bailey, it will be because they think he's overpaid, not because they need cap space.

When you offset the need to tender RFAs and ERFAs with the likely cuts of Kuper, Dreessen, and Tamme, that would give the Broncos about $20 million of cap room. And that's not even counting the option of restructuring Clady or Vasquez which could pick up another $9 million or so if they want. That's definitely enough to be big enough players if they want, and what's really in their favor is that they have a ton of room in 2015 (~$60 million), so they could structure new deals that load the big cap hits then.

Comment

cant do it both ways . especially if the SB is the prize... we have no defense and we need a some damn good blockers on the o line...Peytons there shot so if they want to get it done
                            Can't do what? They have to restructure champs contract.

While they are at it I expect Kupers contract to come off too

Comment

Bailey has been paid the 9th most by the NFL, and Peppers who many have had on their FA wish list Has earned the 4th most.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...5452--nfl.html

Comment

Working...
                              X