Expected Cuts and Associated Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expected Cuts and Associated Cap

Broncos are currently sitting at ~12.4 mil in cap room. Champ's cap hit is $10 mil and there is no way he gets close to that (at least I hope not). Other likely cut/restructure candidates are Chris Kuper (5.9 mil with ~3 mil in savings if cut), Jacob Tamme (3 mil in savings), and Joel Dressen (2.5 mil in savings). Assuming those moves happen, Broncos have about $30.3 mil in cap room. Not sure if that accounts for the cap leftover from 2013.

http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Broncos

Surely that's enough to sign some key FAs, no?

More then enough. Broncos will be able to keep a few players they like, then sign 2 new starters and maybe a couple depth players.

Comment

I don't think Cap will be an issue for the Broncos. I also think the "Cash Flow" style that has been employed since Elway got here will be relaxed a little this year to make that last push with Manning.

that said, hopefully we get the Key guys the team needs and no whammys.

Comment

We still need to re-sign DRC and Harris at CB. Add to the fact that DT, Thomas, Von, Franklin and Moore will be FA's soon and we're not as loaded as it seems.

Phillips will probably be out of our price range and we'll be praying that our two IR'ed pass rush rookies blossom.

Comment

How about signing Troy Poloumulu if he is cut from the Steelers and then drafting a safety. I doubt Pryor is there at #31 but that would be a great haul to shore up the safety position

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
            How about signing Troy Poloumulu if he is cut from the Steelers and then drafting a safety. I doubt Pryor is there at #31 but that would be a great haul to shore up the safety position
            Troy is horrible, but we could get the near retirement referee calls.

Comment

There's actually $4.1m saved if we cut Kuper

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                We still need to re-sign DRC and Harris at CB. Add to the fact that DT, Thomas, Von, Franklin and Moore will be FA's soon and we're not as loaded as it seems.

Phillips will probably be out of our price range and we'll be praying that our two IR'ed pass rush rookies blossom.
                As I've said before under the new CBA, Miller wont actually reach Free Agency until 2016, if the Broncos want to keep him. All 1st rd picks have a team option 5th year as per the new rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
                  Troy is horrible, but we could get the near retirement referee calls.

Neither Troy nor Ed Reed are anywhere what they once were.

That said, even at their age, both would be improvements over our current depth chart. Would love to see is draft the future stud there. But, until someone becomes that guy....

Comment

Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
                    There's actually $4.1m saved if we cut Kuper
                    Unless they plan on starting him and letting Beadles walk I don't see how he stays at that price. But he did play like a starter at one point before the injuries set in. They know better then us but I think he's going to be looking for a new team.

IMO we should let Beadles and Kuper leave the team. The draft has some really good guards and these young players are more and more ready to play. Or if not in draft im sure a journeyman will come available cheap.

Comment

Broncos need safeties with range and IMO old ones won't cut it. Bailey to safety is a horrid idea. He would get dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                        Broncos need safeties with range and IMO old ones won't cut it. Bailey to safety is a horrid idea. He would get dominated.
                        Agree 100%

Comment

I hope we restructure and keep Kuper

Comment

Originally posted by Houshyamama View Post
                            The Super Bowl demonstrated that we shouldn't get rid of any of our quality O-line guys. The Seahawks used and abused our front 7...

Comment

Originally posted by Houshyamama View Post
                              The draft has some deep talent at OG, WR, both spots we could use a young player.

Some real road graders with quick feet types. I think it's a good time to invest in a guard, invest in a young WR, maybe rounds 2-4 sometimes. Then use the top pick on a CB or DE.

Comment

Working...
                              X