NFL Today changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Today changes

Looks like Tony Gonzalez is in, while Marino and Sharpe are out.

Meh. I like Marino

Comment

Sharpe is out? thats racist!

Comment

WTF?? Sharpe is the best part of that show lol

Comment

Sharpe went all this time and i still never understood a word he said.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
            Sharpe went all this time and i still never understood a word he said.
            I cringe each time he says bronco "nation".

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
              WTF?? Sharpe is the best part of that show lol
              I agree but only when they have the English subtitles.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                I agree but only when they have the English subtitles.

Yeah, there's a few different ways to interpret "best part" lol

Comment

Funny comment of the day:

CBS's contract with Gonzalez states that he won't advance on the program past Wild Card Weekend.

Comment

My guess is Marino hits ESPN and Shannon ends up with FOX S1.

Comment

I never thought Shannon was too enthusiastic about doing his "glove" predictions. It felt forced, and was generally a bad idea...

Comment

I do not believe that Gonzalez is going to help them keep from getting their butts handed to them by Fox.
                        JB was supposed to do that and people still prefer watching Curt,Terry,Howie,Michael and Jimmy.
                        Then you add in sprinkles of Andrews,Thompson,Moss,Urlacher and etc. CBS has nothing to match up with them.

Comment

Both morning network football shows are dreadful. I think I stopped watching in 2007 or 2008. I'm sure nothing much has changed since.

Comment

Nice to hear Shannon taking it like a man ... nicely said. very graceful words.

I wonder though, hasn't TG passed him by several times?

Sharpe "Sad, Disappointed, Grateful" after being dropped by CBS

Shannon Sharpe tells TMZ Sports ... he's bummed out after getting the news that he's out at "The NFL Today" pregame show at CBS ... but says, "I'm grateful I had ten great years."

CBS announced the move today ... Shannon and Dan Marino will not return to the show next season. Instead, Tony Gonzalez will join the cast. "Things happen," Sharpe says ... "They made the best decision for them and now I have to make the best decision for me."

Sharpe is adamant he has "no hard feelings" toward CBS -- adding, "They've been great to me."

As for Tony G -- Sharpe says they're friends and he wishes Tony the best of luck. "I know Tony wanted to do this so I'm happy for him and his family."

So, what's next for Shannon? He's still trying to evaluate his options, but it's clear you haven't heard the last from the Hall of Fame tight end.

"I have strong beliefs, ideas and passions. I can do more than just sports ... I don't want to box myself in."
                            http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/18/shanno...#ixzz2tn2c35yC

He doesn't want to "box himself in?"

I think it's a bit late for that. He's boxed, I doubt we'll be seeing him with a travel show or cooking show.
                            Last edited by BroncoBuff; 02-19-2014, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
                              Nice to hear Shannon taking it like a man ... nicely said. very graceful words.

I wonder though, hasn't TG passed him by several times?

http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/18/shanno...#ixzz2tn2c35yC

He doesn't want to "box himself in?"

I think it's a bit late for that. He's boxed, I doubt we'll be seeing him with a travel show or cooking show.

45 yrs old and in tremendous shape. Physical fitness is something he might wanna add to his resume.

Comment

Working...
                              X