Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos interested in Daryl Smith

http://milehighmaniac.com/2014/02/16...m_medium=email

Cheap, vet, history with Del Rio. Sounds like he would be a good signing.

19 pass deflections last season?? wow.

Comment

Even the three ints and 5 sacks are better than what we had this year.

Comment

I assumed they would have interest in him. He is one of the three FA LB's I think could be upgrades. The others being Dansby and Beason.
        But I still want a MLB draftee. We need someone to groom behind the potential FA signee.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
          I assumed they would have interest in him. He is one of the three FA LB's I think could be upgrades. The others being Dansby and Beason.
          But I still want a MLB draftee. We need someone to groom behind the potential FA signee.
          This. If Novorro Bowman can be selected at the end of the 3rd round... Elway should he able to find someone.

I have a gut feeling this upcoming draft class with have a bit extra emphasis on physicality.

Comment

He was a leader for the Ravens defense and a major part of it. I don't think they want to let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
              He was a leader for the Ravens defense and a major part of it. I don't think they want to let him go.
              I bet they do...

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                Ravens just signed Suggs to a big millions deal so that could be their money right there...fingers crossed
                The deal actually cleared up cap room and is a bargain at $5.7 mill a season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2237/terrell-suggs

"Ravens signed OLB Terrell Suggs to a new five-year, $28.5 million contract.
                He's now signed through 2018. It's a win-win for both sides. Suggs is now set up to finish his career with the Ravens, while the team clears $4.6 million in much-needed cap room for 2014. The new deal contains a reasonable $16 million guaranteed across five seasons, which is a team-friendly sum. His base salaries never reach $5 million over the contract's life. Suggs blames his lousy second half of 2013 on "trying to do too much," and plans on coming back in "phenomenal shape." The Ravens can now look to re-work Haloti Ngata's deal. Baltimore is currently about $16.5 million under the 2014 salary cap. Feb 17 - 12:12 PM"

..and to think Doom got $20 million his final year with us before he felt disrespected by us asking for a cut to a salary that made sense based on the direction of the league.

Comment

The Ravens see making Smith a priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
                    oh ...well nuts....still not worried about the Ravens Im ONLY concerned about the NFCW... maybe Im jumping the gun but I still think we WILL dominate the AFC its the other that concerns me...we do have this to hang our hats on PEYTON MANNING IS VERY PISSED SO GIVEN THE INDY SITUATION AND THE SB FLOP I would not be surprised if we see ONE MAN WRECKING CREW this coming year...oh and you best believe that Peyton WILL take lesser money weither its presented to him or not. Following Peyton for these last 20 years he wont go out like this... in college he had a foe with was the Gators never did beat them and the chatter didn't stop UNTIL he won his first ring now its a mumble....he WILL DO what ever it takes to get it done ...the last thing my man wants to spend the rest of his life hearing is about that eluded 2nd ring...
                    the NFCW might be the least of our issues next year seeing that the Chiefs and Chargers seem to want to play football again.

He was a one man wrecking crew this year, hard to imagine he wrecks even harder. He had an elite group of receivers in the Super Bowl and chocked up 8 points... I sure hope there is that fire in his belly.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                      Glenn Carson, next PSU ILB up
                      Much rather go this route than pay money to a 10 year vet. Smith has been very good but trying to patch this thing together isn't the route to sustainability.

Comment

Originally posted by yerner View Post
                        Much rather go this route than pay money to a 10 year vet. Smith has been very good but trying to patch this thing together isn't the route to sustainability.
                        It is if Manning is only playing one more year.

Were not going to the SB with Brock starting for a while, if ever.

Comment

You got to buy low on these guys. Paying for a free agent coming off a great season with another team is usually a very poor strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshyamama View Post
                            You got to buy low on these guys. Paying for a free agent coming off a great season with another team is usually a very poor strategy.
                            Vasquez and Welker say otherwise. Just need the right FO to do their homework and a cap guru.

If the window to win the SB is Mannings last year, id rather have vets to ride than rookies.

Comment

Re the thread title, the Broncos aren't necessarily "interested". Instead, this is speculation from someone that they might be a team that shows interest. So, for now, there's nothing to see here. But yes, it's the offseason and it's fun to talk about.

Comment

Working...
                              X