Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cito Pelon
    replied
    "Havan Moon", Chuck Berry, Carlos Santana.

Leave a comment:

• Cito Pelon
    replied
    "Six Days On The Road" by Dave Dudley. And the many covers. A classic . . . .

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
    Actually, the criteria is that you have to LOVE every song, whether or not it became a hit. However, I'm in total agreement about Thriller. I wore the tape down to nothing, playing it so much...
    I grew up listening to that as rock and now when I hear it, it is clearly Disco. Strange how times change.

Leave a comment:

• Pick Six
    replied
    Originally posted by Willynowei View Post
    if the criteria is literally every song is a hit song, then its probably thriller...

Actually, the criteria is that you have to LOVE every song, whether or not it became a hit. However, I'm in total agreement about Thriller. I wore the tape down to nothing, playing it so much...

Leave a comment:

• yerner
    replied
    D'Angelo Voodoo. So good, the dude hasn't put out another one since 98'

Leave a comment:

• Willynowei
    replied
    if the criteria is literally every song is a hit song, then its probably thriller...

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBuff
    replied
    More than this, Gutless ... I was gonna roll out Avalon!

TJ limits me to just 10 images per post, though.

Are You Experienced ... good call, Q.

Leave a comment:

• Gutless Drunk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Going Old School

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1393872304
    http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1393872314
    http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1393872329
    http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1393872349
    http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachm...1&d=1393872364
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBuff
    replied
    Sorry for the hijack, but "elite" albums ... seems like a list of all-time bestsellers.

I'm not a big Eagles guy, but I think Hotel California is the best concept/theme album ever. All the lyrics from start to finish combine to weave a cautionary, regretful lament for lives wasted in the plasticity of the LA chase. New Kid in Town, The Last Resort, Hotel California, Life in the Fast Lane, Pretty Maids, Wasted Time. It's as if the movies All About Eve, The Player and Sunset Boulevard were joined together and set to music.

Call someplace 'paradise' and ...

Last edited by BroncoBuff; 03-03-2014, 11:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• slick7
    replied
    Mad Season - Above

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBuff
    replied
    S u b l i m e . . . .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qHagigQRKqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBuff
    replied
    Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
    I don't really think any of the current hip hop guys have gotten to the level Biggie and Tupac reached. Unbelievable how that genre of music struggled to get where they are today. On planes, all respectable now, but then it was a struggle just to not be shot.
    You know the genre, cuts ... lemme run something by you: I like Tupac, Snoop, Fitty ... Chicano Rap is underrated, love Frost (Kid Frost), even like Eminem. The Chronic is in my All-Time Top 10 albums. BUT THEN ONE DAY about 10-12 years ago, I wanted to check out JayZee, had never spent much time, so I picked up Reasonable Doubt. I swear ... is he kidding? Is it some joke? His music, his rhythms, his rhymes, they truly suck, they really do. I'd like to say "it's just me," but there I hear him again, and no way - impossible - can't be just me. 4-5 years ago, Alicia Keyes had to go through three versions of 'Empire State of Mind' before completely shedding the nauseous JayZee-Sinatra yukkk and make that song the latter-day classic it is (final version is: 'Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down."

Is it just me? (caution, if you answer yes, I might not believe you).

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8rnr2wuAhYc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First :56 is some of the weakest-ass rap I've ever heard ... and he spills his verbal sewage all through this version. So glad she salvaged it later.

Leave a comment:

• crawdad
    replied
    Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
    You can listen to almost anything on You Tube even full albums and then buy on Amazon.

This was my theme song after the Super Bowl (Blackberry Smoke)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/88lEWTEk3jg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    The singer has the ultimate neckbeard!

LED Zepplin - Physical Graffiti
    Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street

Leave a comment:

• USMCBladerunner
    replied
    Appetite for Destruction
    Joshua Tree
    No Fences

Leave a comment:

Working...
X