Most ELITE albums of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
    Don't count, those are compilations (similar to a greatest hits type thing). Can't be from a compilation/greatest hits or collaboration.

I can't believe so many people have so many albums listed. You're telling me that you are in total love with virtually every song on those albums. I'm kinda thinking this is going the way of those greatest albums things where there's several fantastic songs and the album is remembered that way but all in all, there were plenty of just so so songs on them also.
    Yes I do... I listen to all songs on these albums front to back and do not skip unless it's a skit.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
      You know having a top albums, and not having any James Brown, just seems wrong to me. . Seriously if you haven't listened to Live at the Apollo give it a shot. Talk about extreme energy.
      You don't understand. Most live albums are compilation albums dude. A mixture of songs from previous albums. DOES NOT COUNT.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
        Modifying my list to include Bob Marley, who is probably the most timeless musician to ever walk the face of the earth.
        I'll give Bob Marley this. When ever I'm feeling down in the dumps, his Don't Worry song really does make me feel as if everything gonna be alright. I can see clearly now is good too but not nearly as good as Bob's song.

Comment

Static X: Wisconsin Death Trip
          <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BPfO9-ZzE54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

System of the Down: Toxicity
          <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iywaBOMvYLI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Crash Alley: Swag
          <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HvySUJZ2FGQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Metallica: Ride the Lightening
          <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/17HRV8k1YMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Metallica: Black Album
          <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CD-E-LDc384" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GNR: Appetite for Destruction
          <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wRqW_fxsUYU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pink FLoyd: On the Dark Side of the Moon
          <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JkhX5W7JoWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Def Leppard: Hysteria
          <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4HR0P3sIb80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Marylin Manson: Antichrist Superstar

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ypkv0HeUvTc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Led Zeppelin IV
          <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Fgm7F30EN50" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

I only bought albums from about middle school until high school. For a while I didn't buy any music, and then the internet emerged. I've become a fan of a lot of artist over a wide range of music, but to answer the question, I'm only sticking to entire albums that I had.

A Tribe Called Quest- Midnight Marauders
            Ice Cube- Death Certificate
            Outkast- Aquemini
            De La Soul- Buhloone Mindstate
            Pharcyde- Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde

De La Soul just had a promotion where they gave away their entire catalog for free! It was like Christmas in February!

Comment

Originally posted by alkemical View Post
              Brmc - howl
              My morning jacket - evil urges
              A tribe called quest - electric relaxation
              Killing joke - pandemonium

That's just off the top of my head.
              Electric Relaxation is on the Midnight Marauders album.

Comment

I'll give Bob Marley this. When ever I'm feeling down in the dumps, his Don't Worry...
                Fyi, that song would be titled "Three Little Birds".

Comment

I'll give Bob Marley this. When ever I'm feeling down in the dumps, his Don't Worry song really does make me feel as if everything gonna be alright.
                  Me too

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/j1wY09LtFXw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Revolver

Aja - Steely Dan - Katy lied

Warren Zevon - Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy - Sentimental Hygiene- Transverse City (this is a great record that has songs that should be dated about computers and networking that are still valid to this day!) I have been in a year long Warren Zevon listening stretch.

Eagles Hotel California

Stones Exile on Main St.

Moody Blues Days of Future Past

Van Morrison Moondance

Captain Beefheart Trout Mask Replica

Billy Joel The Stranger

Peter Gabriel So

John Hiatt Slow Turning

Beach Boys Pet sounds

Linda Ronstat Simple Dreams

Springstein Born in the USA

Who - Tommy, Who's Next

Toto IV (a bit of a reach)

U2 War, Joshua Tree, Unforgettable Fire

Talking heads Remain in light

Jean Michael Jarre Oxygene

Louis Armstrong Hot 5's and 7's

Bing Crosby, Bing with a Beat (very underrated album)

Don Henley Boys of summer

John Coltrane - Giant Steps, Love Supreme

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Boston Boston

AC/DC Powerage

Wendy Carlos Switched on Bach

Vangelis - Antartica, Blade Runner

Harry Nilsson - Nilsson Schmilsson

John Lennon - Double Fantasy (Minus Yoko's songs)

Leon Redbone - On the Track, Champagne Charlie, Up a Lazy River

Randy Newman - Sail Away, 12 songs

Genesis Genesis

Phil Collins - No Jacket required.

I would list more Classical for Cut but that would take too long. The above are all albums I can put on loops and listen to over and over again.
                    Last edited by broncosteven; 02-16-2014, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Newer stuff I have been listening to and forgot about:

Jamey Johnson Guitar Song

Shins - Port of Morrow

Dawes

Pokey Lafarge Pokey Lafarge

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post
                        Newer stuff I have been listening to and forgot about:

Jamey Johnson Guitar Song

Shins - Port of Morrow

Dawes

Pokey Lafarge Pokey Lafarge
                        Ok, we get it, your bar isn't really set too high.

Comment

I forgot Public Enemy, Fear of a Black Planet.

Really thinking about it, my brothers and my friends and I, we didn't always listen to entire albums. We were making mixed tapes back then. Which is pretty much like listening to itunes on shuffle. But we had to actually create the playlist, which was kind of a pain in the ass.

Comment

Prince - Sign 'O' The Times
                            Depeche Mode - Violator
                            Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West
                            Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
                            Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

Comment

Radiohead-OK Computer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w4GsSCfOeAk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Weezer(Blue)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TkpLVkKpJ_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NIN-Downward Spiral

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/n5lQwJqrjkM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NIN-The Fragile

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CCXz3T_vPYs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love every Floyd album but this one resonates with me the most.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AV4BW2NJKE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                                Yeah, probably have to put Miles Davis up in the spaceship then.
                                I guess to do it right you would have to say top 5 rock/pop, top 5 jazz etc, how can you compare Bob Marley to Miles Davis? Both giants. The fact i forgot any reggea just shows that even someone who trys to give all genres a spot misses the boat.

What is amazing is just how much epic music has been created.

Comment

Working...
                                X