Most ELITE albums of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kamakazi_kal View Post
    yeah, the first 2 albums were sweet then ..... meh.

I must be getting old, no new bands have really caught me ..... Hatebreed was good live so was The Expendables, very different but good in their own ways.
    I don't really listen to music as much as I used to, but one band that has gotten popular over the last few years I really like is Volbeat. If you haven't heard them, check them out.

I describe them as kind of a mix of Pantera and Reverend Horton Heat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
      I don't really listen to music as much as I used to, but one band that has gotten popular over the last few years I really like is Volbeat. If you haven't heard them, check them out.

man, that's a very odd mix indeed. It's not a screamo type band is it? if so, I can't even make an attempt.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderH8r View Post
        Ya pretty much me. Now it's usually audio books or sports radio.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
          Have you ever listened to:

Cult of Luna
          Isis
          Mastadon

Those three bands rock.
          couldn't get into Mastadon, at least the album I listened to. I'll check out the others though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
            Ya pretty much me. Now it's usually audio books or sports radio.
            yeah during my commute that's about all I listen to now.

Comment

couldn't get into Mastadon, at least the album I listened to. I'll check out the others though.
              Mastadon rocks, not quite Epic level but I like Crack the Skye a lot though.

Comment

Power Man's front man is Rob Zombies (white zombie) cousin I believe.
                Its Robs younger brother.

Comment

yeah, the first 2 albums were sweet then ..... meh.

I must be getting old, no new bands have really caught me ..... Hatebreed was good live so was The Expendables, very different but good in their own ways.
                  Check out the album Warp Riders by The Sword. If you don't like that album, something's wrong with ya.

Comment

man, that's a very odd mix indeed. It's not a screamo type band is it? if so, I can't even make an attempt.
                    No, not screamo. Check out their song "Sad Man's Tongue". It's good.

Comment

No, not screamo. Check out their song "Sad Man's Tongue". It's good.
                      I turned onto Volbeat by one or two of you guys in a music thread a year or two ago. That is a great song and Volbeat should do a rockabilly/psychobilly type of album.

Comment

I would say a mix of johnny cash and metallica/slayer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                          Korn and Kid Rock? No.
                          Bah! I knew I'd get some flak for Kid Rock, but the OP wanted albums that you loved almost every song. So, I took that to heart. Kid Rock resonates with me. Only God Knows Why is my favorite song ever.

A lot of my other favorites, Waylon Jennings, George Strait, Johnny Cash, Hank Jr., Willie Nelson, Eminem, Too Short, Enya, Elton John, Garth Brooks, Michael Jackson, Simon & Garfunkel, Prince, and Tom Petty all have long and illustrious careers with tons of amazing music, but never had that one CD I could listen to every song all day long. If we could count greatest hits compilations, they'd all be on the list.

Comment

• Alice in Chains -DIRT
                            Pearl Jam- TEN
                            Def Leppard -Hysteria
                            Eric B & Rakim- Don't sweat the technique
                            Matthew Good-the Audio of Being (Really a fantastic mix of melody and vocals--hugely underrated)
                            Blind Melon-Soup

Comment

• All this thread has done is made me miss buying CDs/tapes/records. I miss going into the record store and sampling different music and looking around. The way we get music now is so much more convenient and so much easier to listen to variations without ejecting a disc, but damn… there was something so palpable about touching and seeing an album cover that is lost in logging into spotify.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post
                                All this thread has done is made me miss buying CDs/tapes/records. I miss going into the record store and sampling different music and looking around. The way we get music now is so much more convenient and so much easier to listen to variations without ejecting a disc, but damn… there was something so palpable about touching and seeing an album cover that is lost in logging into spotify.

I still buy CD's at best buy.....my 14 year old loves going and getting new music on the release date

Comment

Working...
                                X