FA that need the Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FA that need the Broncos

At this point in our Team Building we have a few things only 3-4 teams have. A 2 year real shot at the SB. We need to now use this leverage to make our team better with out destroying the core. I think every non Restricted FA will probably walk this year. Hopefully we can get a pick out of the deal next year. What are the players who need what we have and will be willing to take less for more.

1. Hakeem Nicks- A 1 year 1-2 Million dollar deal could make him super rich next year. IF Decker gets a big deal we could use that to sell Nicks.
    2. Peppers, Allen-IMO Each of these guys may saddle up for less for a chance to ride with Peyton into the sunset. They have both hit big paychecks already and can still produce. Not a sure thing by any stretch but still there is a chance. 2 Years- 6-8 million

Originally posted by rugbythug View Post
    At this point in our Team Building we have a few things only 3-4 teams have. A 2 year real shot at the SB. We need to now use this leverage to make our team better with out destroying the core. I think every non Restricted FA will probably walk this year. Hopefully we can get a pick out of the deal next year. What are the players who need what we have and will be willing to take less for more.

1. Hakeem Nicks- A 1 year 1-2 Million dollar deal could make him super rich next year. IF Decker gets a big deal we could use that to sell Nicks.
    2. Peppers, Allen-IMO Each of these guys may saddle up for less for a chance to ride with Peyton into the sunset. They have both hit big paychecks already and can still produce. Not a sure thing by any stretch but still there is a chance. 2 Years- 6-8 million
    I don't think Decker is going to get as massive of a deal as many think. There are a lot of solid free agents and the WR draft class is deep.

Comment

The East Coast seems to be blowing Decker up quite a bit. New York reckons he'll command $9m a year and the Boston Herald went $1m higher again at $10m. There's not many teams with that No1 option open probably willing to pay that, maybe the Jets or the Patriots considering those are the media outlets that's coming from.

No1 WR options

New England
      NY Jets
      Buffalo (Stevie Johnson on a downslide)
      Indy (Wayne too old and broken)
      Jacksonville
      Tennessee (Britt was their 1 but he's been woeful)
      Oakland

Carolina (Smith getting old)
      St Louis

Comment

I'm not willing to pay $10 million for 1 catch for 5 yds in the big game. We tried the superstar offense... Didn't work.

Pay DT, pay orange Julius if they are the guys. The other spots should be filled by draft picks and FA's.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
          The East Coast seems to be blowing Decker up quite a bit. New York reckons he'll command $9m a year and the Boston Herald went $1m higher again at $10m. There's not many teams with that No1 option open probably willing to pay that, maybe the Jets or the Patriots considering those are the media outlets that's coming from.

No1 WR options

New England
          NY Jets
          Buffalo (Stevie Johnson on a downslide)
          Indy (Wayne too old and broken)
          Jacksonville
          Tennessee (Britt was their 1 but he's been woeful)
          Oakland

Carolina (Smith getting old)
          St Louis
          Sandy Eggo could be a landing place for Decker two considering former coach and system and he should get some single coverage with Kenan Allen on the other side.

Comment

Defense, Defense, Defense. I want the 85 Bears out there.

Comment

Pay a Safety to come here............please

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                ^This QFT

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                  I'm not willing to pay $10 million for 1 catch for 5 yds in the big game. We tried the superstar offense... Didn't work.

Pay DT, pay orange Julius if they are the guys. The other spots should be filled by draft picks and FA's.
                  I'm all for putting more money in D, but I hesitate to say our offense "didnt work". We made the Super Bowl. Yes, it was a bad game, but it's still the Super Bowl and one game shouldn't not assume a guarantee that every match up against Sea woukd be like that

Anyway, I think our offense can be just as prolific with another WR in there too

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                    And a MLB! But it took us about 5 years to get good DTs heaven knows how long it's gonna take to get safeties!

Comment

Originally posted by TD4HOF View Post
                      Defense, Defense, Defense. I want the 85 Bears out there.
                      We are 10 years out from that. Better to give best offense of all time another shot.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug View Post
                        We are 10 years out from that. Better to give best offense of all time another shot.
                        Greatest offense (statistically) of all time. 8 points in the Super Bowl. It's not the greatest offense of all time. Time to accept reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                          Greatest offense (statistically) of all time. 8 points in the Super Bowl. It's not the greatest offense of all time. Time to accept reality.
                          I try to not let one game dictate my entire thought process.

As an anology I am thinking of this team as the Dallas mavericks. They could never get it done until they could.

Comment

0 balance on offense we had in the SB. Clady plus a better G and RT would have given us a much better blend on running.

Comment

Rumor has it that Tony Gonzalez is considering making one last run with a team that has a chance to win it all...

Comment

Working...
                              X