OT Gun Safes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Gun Safes

I'm looking to purchase a gun safe for valuables etc and live in Phoenix with close proximity to fire stations. Any of you have brand recommendations for US made safes. I know Liberty/Ft Knox/etc but interested in any of your personal peeves and preferences when getting one.

I'll be doing a minimum 26 gun size for future space as well. I also wanted minimum 45 minute fire rating, and it will be bolted down.

Originally posted by MrPeepers View Post
    I'm looking to purchase a gun safe for valuables etc and live in Phoenix with close proximity to fire stations. Any of you have brand recommendations for US made safes. I know Liberty/Ft Knox/etc but interested in any of your personal peeves and preferences when getting one.

I'll be doing a minimum 26 gun size for future space as well. I also wanted minimum 45 minute fire rating, and it will be bolted down.
    Sorry man I don't have anything that valuable. Keep mine in cheap safes.

Comment

I'm sure one would be cool to have, but you're looking at $4000 for one. I looked at some before but figured no it isn't worth the cost, the house insurance covers that loss unless you have some heirlooms. I see this site with "scratch and dent" models, at least you get a discount: http://www.gunsafes.com/2013-Brownin...-and-Dent.html

Comment

Originally posted by MrPeepers View Post

Checkout the Liberty Lincoln Series.

Comment

I get mine at a place called sportsmans safes in Paramount CA. Can't help in colo though. Man they make great safes though.

Comment

I'm so confused... so you are looking to move to Phoenix with close proximity to fire stations?

Comment

Yea this thread is so corn fusing and so non sports related I can risk posting in it
              I've been doing do well since our sb loss thanks to drugs ,therapy , and avoiding sports ...

But I have to ask what the heck does fire stations have to do with any of this ?

Comment

Hello? 911? Yeah, my house is on fire. No, tell the fire department to run the other way. I have what is essentially an ammunition factory in my house.

Comment

It matters because it helps determine the fire rating on the safe he decides to purchase.

If he gets a safe with a 30min rating and it takes the fire dept 45 min to get there then it would be pointless to have a fire resistant safe.

Comment

Originally posted by El Guapo View Post
                    It matters because it helps determine the fire rating on the safe he decides to purchase.

If he gets a safe with a 30min rating and it takes the fire dept 45 min to get there then it would be pointless to have a fire resistant safe.
                    Thank yas Guapo...

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
                      Checkout the Liberty Lincoln Series.
                      I like this line and also like the Frankilin line. I went to the Cabelas in town and it looks like they rebadge these 2 Liberty safes with Cabelas logos.

Cabelas had scratch and dent safes on the floor, looked like a good way to get into the better liberty safes at a discount.

Comment

Originally posted by Cito Pelon View Post
                        I'm sure one would be cool to have, but you're looking at $4000 for one. I looked at some before but figured no it isn't worth the cost, the house insurance covers that loss unless you have some heirlooms. I see this site with "scratch and dent" models, at least you get a discount: http://www.gunsafes.com/2013-Brownin...-and-Dent.html
                        That's awesome I didn't expect to find scratch and dents besides going on craigslist.

http://www.gunsafes.com/Scratch-and-Dent-Safes.html

Comment

Spend the little bit extra and get yourself a Barrett.

Comment

Not sure why you'd need a $4000 safe with the specs you've listed. A liberty fat boy Jr. retails for $1200 and meets your requirements on fire and is much larger. I owned one of these in the past and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
                              I'm so confused... so you are looking to move to Phoenix with close proximity to fire stations?
                              I think I've figured out why you have trouble scoring chicks...

Comment

Working...
                              X