Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HILife
    replied
    what an total **** hole article. So many coaches ranked where they shouldn't be. What a waste of Internet space.

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
    okay...
    Which team were you hoping Peyton Manning would sign with? You probably didn't want him to come to Denver since the team is a bunch of losers without him. Peyton thought differently. He thought Denver was ready to win now. That gave us an edge over most teams, but not San Francisco. I think he felt like he would mesh with John Fox over somebody like Harbaugh. He liked the presence of Elway. Elway hadn't proven much yet, only a one year turnaround that started with hiring John Fox.

Leave a comment:

• Mogulseeker
    replied
    I don't think that's necessarily fair to Fox. I've always felt that he is a really good coach - pretty much a players coach and a numbers coach. He has a solid career record, and has taken two different teams to Super Bowls - one with Jake Delhomme, and the other with half the defense and an All-Pro left tackle on IR.

Edit - I think he's at least average.
    Last edited by Mogulseeker; 02-14-2014, 08:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
    I wouldn't rank him very high, but not for the reasons stated in that article. His win/loss record got a huge shot in the arm when the Broncos signed Manning. That added 26 regular season wins to it over two years.

But I don't think there was one decision in the Super Bowl that cost them the game. Down 29-0, that game was a wrap! There really wasn't another decision to make.
    It adds about 10 wins if the Broncos go 8-8 every year. It depends on where the Broncos spend the $100 million given to Peyton. The new regime showed improvements in year 1 without Peyton. There's no reason to think we wouldn't have kept improving the last two years if we went a different direction. I think Peyton has given him 6 additional wins tops.

Leave a comment:

• NFLBRONCO
    replied
    Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
    I wouldn't rank him very high, but not for the reasons stated in that article. His win/loss record got a huge shot in the arm when the Broncos signed Manning. That added 26 regular season wins to it over two years.

But I don't think there was one decision in the Super Bowl that cost them the game. Down 29-0, that game was a wrap! There really wasn't another decision to make.
    The team came out FLAT in a SB. Fox can't light a fire under them at all esp in big games.
    Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 02-15-2014, 06:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jason in LA
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KipCorrington25
    replied
    Keep in mind he's 20th out of 25 as they didn't rank the new coaches.

I'm trying to figure out how he got ranked so high, I think it's due to the winning record but the write up is hilarious if not sad.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosfanGuy
    replied
    Carroll at 2 and Harbaugh at 3 screams myopia.

Chip Kelly AND Bruce Arians are above 2-time Super Bowl winner Tom Coughlin? This is Bleacher Report level crap.

Also, am I the only one who would like to see Gase take over the reins after 2014-15?

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBronco
    replied
    Corch Fox isn't 20th, but he's probably not higher than 15th.

Leave a comment:

• gunns
    replied
    What they wrote about Fox and when mentioning him in relationship to other coaches, spot on. He does play not to lose, because of that he does lose and in mega fashion. For a coach that has been to two divisional rounds and the SB in his 3 years and is ranked 20 says a lot.

Leave a comment:

• eddie mac
    replied
    The original article comes from Rotoworld which tells you all you need to know about it. Only worthwhile info that ever comes from that site is their links to other sites breaking news.

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    ouch

17. Ron Rivera

Career Record: 25-23 (.521)

With The Panthers Since: 2011

Rivera would be on the street and off this list had he not embraced something so few coaches do: Reinvention. Sitting at 1-3 after the Panthers’ 22-6 loss to the Cardinals in Week 5, Rivera decided he wasn’t going to take it anymore. Fighting the hot seat fire with fire, Savings Bond Ron morphed into Riverboat Ron, deciding there were punts you could pass up. Winning the game took precedence over winning the field-position game. Buoyed by Rivera’s gut — and defense — the Panthers ended the year on an 11-1 tear, downing the 49ers, Patriots and Saints in the process. Rivera’s hot finish can’t be questioned. What can be questioned is if “Riverboat Ron” is here to stay. If Rivera’s truly found religion, winning will remain his church. If not, he’ll go back to being just another John Fox without a Peyton Manning.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Tomlin is far better than #16, There are not 20 coaches better than Fox, this list is horse ****.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
    I don't know what that means but that's funny as hell....
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=corch

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBronco
    replied
    Fox is more corch than coach.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X